Visa Assessment Service

How to Get Your Own Personal and Professional Visa Assessment

visa stamp

Want a quick, accurate and fully comprehensive answer to the question “Would I qualify for an Australian visa?

It’s not easy trying to work out whether or not you might qualify for any one of the many visas that allow you to come to Australia, so here is the shortcut.

In March 2014 I teamed up with Simon Earles, a highly qualified MARA registered migration agent with many years’ experience. I will tell you more about Simon shortly, but first, let me tell you about this service.

The Visa Assessment Service

Simon Earles MARA Agent

As you probably know, there are plenty of ‘free assessments’ available online, this isn’t one of them.

In my experience, these free assessments gather more information than they give out. In return for sharing some information about yourself, including your email and other contact details, you will likely receive an automated response suggesting that you may or may not, potentially, be eligible for a visa.

If there do appear to be possibilities, the next stage would be to book a consultation with the migration agent to further review your information. This will come at a cost, usually $250 or more. One of the services I trialled requested $599 to take it further.

We like to do things the other way round.

A full and thorough assessment

We ask you to invest the relatively small fee of $100 AUD for the service and in return, my MARA agent will invest his time, knowledge and expertise in personally looking over your details. He will spend about an hour, maybe an hour and a half, fully investigating your options before returning your written report.

He will over deliver. You will get far more than your money’s worth. Why?

Because my agent feels that if you are happy with his assessment of your chances, then you will ask him to prepare and lodge your application with the Australian government for you. You are under no obligation to use him, and you will not be pressured to do so, you will simply be quoted the cost of him acting on your behalf in his written report.

My agent is investing his time in you in the hope of gaining a client, that’s how he makes his money.

How the Visa Assessment Service works:

After purchasing your Visa Assessment you will be automatically redirected to a page where you can download the form you require. As an additional backup you will also be sent an email which includes a link to that same page.

From there you will be able to download a six page interactive PDF, called a Client Information Questionnaire (CIQ) which you can complete at your own leisure.

After returning your completed form as instructed, my MARA registered migration agent will provide you with:

  • A full written and signed Visa Assessment report within 5 – 7 working days* of receipt of all information (CIQ and any follow-up information requested) detailing precisely which options you might have;
  • The selection of ANZSCO occupation(s) that should be applicable to you based on the information you provide along with their availability on the various skills lists;
  • The points you currently have and any additional points you may have the potential to achieve;
  • Details of the options that may be available to you and the suggested recommended option best suited to you or…
  • If there are no options for you, an explanation why along with suggestions on what you can do to improve your chances in the future;
  • A breakdown of professional fees and governmental charges applicable for your recommended visa option for those in a position to proceed further;
  • follow up via Skype or telephone on the information provided to clarify any issues raised by the assessment;
  • A credit of your Visa Assessment Service fee added back to your account should you decide to use my MARA agent to represent you in full for your application;
  • Business visas: If your best option appears to be the business visa, this will be suggested in your report. To actually see if you qualify for a business visa though does require an in-depth look at your business achievements and latest accounts. Should you decide to pursue this option, additional fees will apply for this service.

Book Your Visa Assessment Now – $100


*Please note: if your CIQ is returned whilst my agent is on holiday, or during extended holiday periods such as Easter and Christmas, or during a very busy period, there may be a delay to the usual 5 – 7 working days return. My agent will acknowledge receipt of your email though and at the same time confirm how long he anticipates it will take to return your completed assessment report.

Visas covered

This assessment covers all types of visa categories including independent, sponsored, temporary or permanent as well as family, partner and business visas. Please be aware then, that if one or more of the above covered points are not relevant to your application, they will not be covered in your Visa Assessment.

For example, if your visa option is not points based, or reliant on ANZSCO occupations, then clearly these will not be covered, but instead you will be informed of the requirements for, say, a de facto relationship application or perhaps a successful business visa lodgement or whatever is applicable to your circumstances.

Both Simon and I feel this is the most cost-effective and efficient way for you to find out exactly what your real options are with regards to moving to Australia.

About Simon Earles

Simon is founder and principal of Signet Consulting & Migration here in Brisbane. Simon is a very experienced MARA registered migration agent, having held his licence since 2002; his MARA registration number is 0214055.

Simon is a member of the Migration Institute of Australia (MIA) and was also the Vice-President of their Queensland and Northern Territory branch for four years between 2011 and 2015, a position he held for two consecutive terms. The MIA is the primary professional association for Australian migration service providers and Simon is still proactive in much of what they do. This is reflected in his overall knowledge within the industry.

Simon has also trained and has practised as a lawyer, but currently practises exclusively as a MARA registered migration agent.

Simon is, therefore, an authority figure amongst MARA agents who has vast experience helping people realise their dream of moving to Australia. Simon has excellent communication skills as well as an impressive knowledge on migration, valuable contacts within the industry and is dedicated to providing top quality assistance for those looking to move to Australia.

I am very proud and privileged to have him working with me here.

Simon sells this Visa Assessment Service directly from his own website. It’s the exact same service, everything you would get from his site, you also get when you purchase the assessment from here; there is no difference. Except for the price.

Simon currently charges $200 AUD on his website, by purchasing from my website though, you can buy it for half of that price.

The cost for your assessment here is just…..$100 AUD

To get this process started immediately, please click on the ‘Buy Now’ button below…


Pay with PayPal or by credit card

All payments are in Australia dollars (AUD) and processed securely through PayPal, but you do not need to have a PayPal account in order to purchase your assessment. To pay by credit card just look for the “Pay with a credit or debit card” link on the PayPal login page.

cardClicking on ‘Cancel and return to Web Products Pty Ltd’ will bring you back to this page.

If you pay using your PayPal account, you will be automatically redirected to the download page for the form you require. Do not navigate away from PayPal or close your browser.

If you pay by credit card this does not trigger the redirect, but this isn’t overly important as an e-mail will automatically be sent to all purchasers with download details whether you pay through your PayPal account or by credit card. This email should arrive in your inbox within five minutes of the transaction, if you can’t see it please check your spam or junk folders.

About your download and purchase:

  • Please contact me if you are unable to download the documentation or if, for some reason, you are not redirected to the download page AND you do not receive your automated email in your inbox or any of your spam or junk folders. I will then send you the documentation direct.
  • Please also note that this document is a dynamic PDF and does not work with smartphones or iPad.
  • The $100 AUD fee will be credited to your account should you decide to use my MARA agent to lodge your application.

Book Your Visa Assessment Now – $100


 I truly believe you will not get better value than this anywhere. Here’s a bit more about Simon Earles…

More about Simon Earles:

Simon lived in Hong Kong with his family for almost 14 years in the capacity of a commercial lawyer working for the British Hong Kong Government and after the handover in 1997, with the Hong Kong SAR government. He has dual Australian/ British citizenship.

Simon is married and has two daughters and now lives in Brisbane, Queensland.

As a registered migration agent he is obliged to keep up-to-date with industry developments and legislative amendments for the benefit of his clients. He is also obliged to obtain the required number of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points every year to renew his migration agent’s registration.

As a further protection to his clients, as a registered migration agent Simon is bound by the MARA Code of Conduct. (The Code).The Code sets out best practice when assisting and providing migration advice to clients and it places a clear responsibility on MARA registered agents to act in the best interests of their clients.

Simon Earles: Qualifications:

  • Bachelor of Laws (LL.B)
  • Graduate Diploma in Professional Management
  • Migration Agents Registration Number (MARN) 0214055
  • Registered since September 2003
  • Commissioner for Declarations

Book Your Visa Assessment Now – $100 AUD


Visa Assessment Service
Visa Assessment Service
{ 1874 comments… add one }
  • Al December 30, 2019, 9:49 pm | Link

    Hi Bob

    My fiancé is Australian and both our children (8 years and 6 years old) are Aussie citizens. I’m a Brit and We live in the UK but are moving to Oz in January 2021.

    I’ll need to apply for a temporary residency/permanent residency visa so not sure I need to use your MARA agent for the assessment part but would you advise using an agent for the application process? If so don’t suppose you have a ballpark figure on the charges for this?

    Many thanks in advance 🙂


    • BobinOz January 2, 2020, 8:30 pm | Link

      Hi Al

      Just to let you know I have now sent a quick email to my MARA agent to see what he thinks about this, and as soon as I hear back from him I’ll let you know.

      I leave all this stuff to him, because me, I don’t have a clue 🙂

      Cheers, Bob

      • Al January 2, 2020, 11:50 pm | Link

        Thank you so much! x

        • BobinOz January 3, 2020, 5:26 pm | Link

          Okay, I have now sent you a full email with all the details you need, it should already be in your inbox. Good luck, Bob

  • Kakali Roy November 8, 2019, 1:22 pm | Link

    Hi Bob,
    I am now 44 years 4 months. Am I still eligible to get age point foor skilled regional visa?

  • Abayomi September 16, 2019, 11:33 pm | Link

    Hi Bob, I am interested in relocating to Australia with my wife and Child, from Nigeria.
    There is so much information about all the different types of visa available, viz the Regional sponsored, Employer sponsored, TSS, etc. It gets so confusing sometimes to really know exactly which one would present me the best chances of getting the visa. I would love to hand over this “headache” to your agent. How can I get started please?

    • BobinOz September 17, 2019, 8:42 pm | Link

      Just follow the instructions on this page Abayomi; pay for assessment through PayPal, and once you have received the questionnaire, complete it in full and return it to my agent. Details of how to do that are included within the information I will send you after you’ve made the purchase.

      Wait 5 to 7 days, received the report from my MARA agent and then just take it all from there.

      There could be a problem though, I’m not sure PayPal operates in your country, the only way for you to find out is to try make a payment. If it doesn’t work, then unless you can find someone, friend or relative, who can make the payment on your behalf from a different country, we may not be able to help.

      Good luck, Bob

  • Silke September 6, 2019, 3:36 pm | Link

    Hi Bob,
    I am interested in the visa assessment service Simon provides. However, having read the information on your website, I am not sure if his service/expertise covers resident return visas, specifically RRV 157.
    I am a permanent resident currently residing in Australia and have been living here for just under a year. I have as yet no substantial ties to Australia as I am a freelancer working for clients abroad and I have been able to stay with friends most of the time, so I am not renting or owning property in Australia. I would like to return to my home country for a brief period to finalize my affairs there and then return to Australia to live here long-term. Is this something Simon would be happy to assess?
    Thank you.

    • BobinOz September 6, 2019, 9:02 pm | Link

      Hi Silke, and thanks for your question.

      I have just emailed Simon to see if this is something he can help with, and as soon as I hear back, I will let you know. It’s Friday evening here now though and we are just going into the weekend, so it may not now be until Monday.

      As soon as I hear back from then though, I will let you know. Cheers, Bob

      • BobinOz September 7, 2019, 5:54 pm | Link

        Okay, I spoke with Simon on the telephone earlier today and he tells me the RRV is something that he deals with, so he is happy to assess your position. If you wish to proceed, please go ahead and purchase the assessment, complete the questionnaire and return it to Simon when you have done so. You will then get your assessment report from Simon in due course.

        All the best, Bob

  • Charlotte Rhodes August 26, 2019, 11:52 pm | Link

    Hi Bob, my husband and I have lived on Australia twice, once for about a year in 2002-2003 & then for another 3 years between 2007-2010, we want to move back permanently but we are now age 46 & 47, do you know if our previous years spent working and living there will go towards securing us a visa even though we hadn’t applied for permanent residency at the time, thank you so much, your page is amazing and we are just filling in the visa questionnaire for Simon, thanks again,

    Warmest regards


    • BobinOz August 27, 2019, 7:12 pm | Link

      Hi Charlotte, thanks for the kind words, it’s appreciated.

      When it comes to questions about visas and eligibility, I have to leave all that to Simon. It’s actually the law here, only MARA registered migration agents are allowed to give out this specific advice.

      So even if I knew the answer I couldn’t tell you, but for the record, I don’t 🙂

      I do know though that for some kinds of visas the cut off is 45, so that may go against you, but not all visa types are dependent on age. So as I say, all best left to Simon, he will be able to look into this fully on your behalf.

      Good luck, Bob

  • Simon August 21, 2019, 3:46 am | Link

    Hi Bob

    What is the cut off age for a uk resident to emigrate to Australia? I have seen on some sites it’s 45 but on others it’s 50.

    • BobinOz August 21, 2019, 6:15 pm | Link

      Please check out what it says on my Points Calculator page underneath the heading ‘Age’.

      That page used to say 50, but under the advice of my MARA agent who works with me on this website, you can see his smiling face above, he advised me to change it a while back and add some additional information in the brackets.

      Technically speaking though I can’t directly answer your question, only MARA registered migration agents can give this kind of advice and I do advise you to speak with one if you are unsure about anything. There are lots of visas and age is not always a factor in them all.

      That’s why it’s best to explore all your options with someone who knows what all the options are.

      Hope that helps, Bob

  • Fleur July 19, 2019, 6:07 pm | Link

    maybe this is too specific, but I figured I would give it a try.
    My boyfriend and I would like to start with the visa process next year. We would like to apply as a couple, but are not married yet. Can we apply and get married during the visa process or should we be married beforehand?


    • BobinOz July 22, 2019, 4:43 pm | Link

      Marriage is not essential, providing that you have been living together as ‘man and wife’ in a de facto marriage for at least 12 months. This would represent the equivalent of being married.

      Hope that helps, Bob

      • Fleur July 22, 2019, 6:30 pm | Link

        That’s fantastic news!
        Thanks for your reply!

  • Kyle May 1, 2019, 5:02 pm | Link

    Hello, I was just wondering if you looked around in your home country for a agent first?, before going with a agent in Brisbane, I am from Canada and my wife is Australian living in Canada right now and we plan to move to Australia in future, and she thinks we should get a lawyer or Agent here in Canada cause it will be easier, do you think it would be easier here or Australia, and why, and how was communication being so far away and different time zones as well?

    Thanks Kyle love the blog

    • Krista Manning May 1, 2019, 6:38 pm | Link

      Hi Kyle,
      When we skyped with Simon, the MARA agent in Brisbane, it was evening here and morning there. Arranging a time to meet via skype was not a big deal at all but the time difference between Newfoundland and Brisbane is 12.5 hours, an easy difference to work around. I’m not sure if an agent/lawyer in Canada would have the same expertise as a MARA agent in Australia. Something to explore for sure.

      • Kyle May 2, 2019, 8:27 am | Link

        So everything is just done online? You just emailed him everything, birth certificate, pictures, medical exams, criminal records,.. etc. you just signed papers that needed to be signed and emailed them, and he did everything for you? Pretty much no hard copies of anything really? Sorry for questions just want to know, cause can’t find anything online really

        Thanks Kyle

        • Krista Manning May 2, 2019, 10:32 am | Link

          We connected with the MARA agent, through this website, for the visa assessment questionnaire and he provided us with a report/results. It was the foundation of our move in that I had no idea where to start or what visa we qualified for prior to completing the questionnaire and meeting with the agent via Skype. I ended up doing the application for the 189 visa on my own. It was a TON of work. I can see where it is highly recommended to go with an agent.

          • BobinOz May 2, 2019, 4:00 pm | Link

            Just to clear up your original question Kyle, when we applied for our visa back in 2007, we did actually use a UK-based migration agent. You can read that part of our story here…


            The agent we used no longer works as a MARA agent, so I didn’t hook up with my recommended agent Simon until I moved to Brisbane. I’ve been working with him for about five years now, and as Krista has mentioned, he is very good.

            As for the paperwork, an interesting story. Even though we use a locally based agent in the UK back then, whom my wife could get to easily in her lunchtime, when it came to the actual application we had to send off important documents direct by post to the Australian government. They got lost by the post office which, as you can imagine, was a real pain.

            I’m not sure, but I think things can now all be done online, but if they can’t, at some point your Canadian agent will need to post something to Australia, which is no different from posting something to my Brisbane based agent.

            Krista has also made a very good point. As far as I am aware, only MARA registered migration agents based in Australia are answerable to the Australian government in terms of the regulations and to MIA for the MARA Code of Conduct.

            If you go through this assessment, and decide to use my agent to represent you, he will explain in full everything that he will do on your behalf in terms of the paperwork.

            Hope that helps and good luck, Bob

  • Krista Manning April 19, 2019, 12:28 am | Link

    I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. The visa assessment process through this website was the absolute best way for us to get started on our journey to obtaining a visa and moving to Australia. It was by far the best $100 we spent. The report provided and the follow up Skype meeting with Simon was so valuable. I honestly don’t know how I would’ve approached applying for our visas without this solid start. We are a family of four, moving from Newfoundland, Canada to Australia at the end of August with 189 visas. Thank you Bob and Simon for all of your help.

    • BobinOz April 23, 2019, 5:36 pm | Link

      Thanks for the kind words again Krista, very much appreciated, and I do hope your move to Australia is as successful as ours. Me, my wife and my daughter all love it here.

  • ihayes April 9, 2019, 5:52 am | Link

    hi – can you resend me the client questionnaire etc for migration help that I purchased this evening? I had massive problems sending the forms via my Mac…and closed the browser… If its resent I can reopen on our PC instead. Thanks.

    • BobinOz April 9, 2019, 6:42 pm | Link

      Hi Inga

      I got a notification earlier today from my MARA agent telling me he had received your completed questionnaire, so I assume you have sorted this all out?

      If you haven’t, let me know and I’ll resend it to you. Good luck with your assessment, I hope it goes well. Cheers, Bob

  • Sud March 24, 2019, 5:05 pm | Link

    Hi Bob,
    I’ve been following your blog for the past year & honestly this has a big role in helping me to finally convince my wife & 2 kids to emigrate to Australia!! I’m a doctor and my wife is a teacher, both UK citizens. I’ve a few questions if you don’t mind?
    1. What are our chances and how long does the visa process takes?
    2. I’ll be most likely applying under “skilled regional 489” as my wife’s brother lives in Oz. Should I put my wife as the 1st applicant or will I also get 5 points-the guidance I’ve read mentions brother, but not brother-in-law??
    3. We can apply under skilled Nominated subclass 190 too. (will score at least 65 in this category). Not sure which visa (489 or 190) will be quicker?? But, willing to land in Oz and find job there too..
    I’ll really appreciate your kind advise. happy to contact your agent if needed. I would like to spend X-Mas 2019 in Australia!!!

    • Sud March 24, 2019, 6:36 pm | Link

      apologies- I meant 80 points for sponsored regional 489 and 75 for skilled nominated subclass. will chose whichever is quicker/easier..


      • BobinOz March 25, 2019, 6:01 pm | Link

        These are all questions I cannot answer Sud, as I’m not a migration agent and don’t know the rules. That’s exactly what this visa assessment service is for though. If you decide to go ahead, please follow the instructions on this page and my MARA migration agent will answer these questions for you, and much more.

        Good luck, Bob

  • Mark March 17, 2019, 7:44 pm | Link

    Hi Bob, very interesting and informative. I have a question which I hope is simple enough to answer without a detailed look at my personal circumstances, and of course I understand if you are unable to answer.

    Is there a provision for unmarried long term partners to join their partner who is moving to Australia for work or study, without having to meet the same conditions (points, sponsorship, study requirement etc required to gain a visa independently), yet still be able to work to support their living costs whilst in Australia?

    • BobinOz March 18, 2019, 9:42 pm | Link

      Well, whilst I can’t give you direct advice on this, I can let you know that it might be a good idea for you to look into de facto relationships and visas for Australia.

      I think I can also explain that if one partner in a marriage qualifies to come to Australia, then the other half can usually be included on the application as their spouse and not have to pass all the things that the main applicant has to, apart from the health and character requirements.

      For Australian immigration purposes, the partners have to have been living together for a minimum of 12 months and be able to prove it for it to be regarded as a de facto relationship. Hopefully that answers your question.

      Google “Fact Sheet 35 – Australian immigration de facto rules” for more information from the Australian immigration website.

    • Marko May 10, 2019, 9:44 pm | Link

      If you love her, just marry her.

    • Krista Manning May 10, 2019, 11:39 pm | Link

      Hi Mark,
      My partner and I are moving to Australia in August. He was the main visa applicant as his profession is on the Skilled Oocupation List. We just checked the box for de facto in our visa application and provided the information such as sharing the same address, etc. It was all good for us.
      Good Luck!

  • Dorothy karen Uy March 15, 2019, 3:33 pm | Link

    Hi bob,

    Do you think my chances for getting a PR subclass 190 in SA if I study MBA course for 2 years in SA will improve if my nominated occupation is a health allied professional? Thanks Bob

    • BobinOz March 15, 2019, 8:03 pm | Link

      I just don’t know, and only MARA registered migration agents are legally allowed to advise on this kind of thing. Getting a visa for Australia is a complicated process, there are no yes or no answers to what seem like straightforward questions I’m afraid.

  • Dorothy karen Uy March 15, 2019, 3:22 pm | Link

    Hi. Is this website updated? Is simon earl still accepting consultation session at the said consulation fee? Thanks Bon

    • BobinOz March 18, 2019, 9:10 pm | Link

      Sorry, I didn’t notice this first time round, but yes, Simon is still accepting consultations and doing assessments.

  • Tia February 18, 2019, 10:20 am | Link

    I am 18, nearly 19, and would like to move to Australia by the end of the year. Because of my age I have no work experience and I’d like to be able to work as fast as possible to save up for university while my boyfriend (an Australian citizen) studies in university. My question is what is the fastest way to work without a skilled worker visa? My plan was to go to Australia on my normal tourist visa and apply for an abridged visa (while I apply for a permanent residency visa.) I am having a hard time finding out if I can work on these visa’s and if not, how long would I be out of work until I am allowed to? I just want to know where I will stand financially because I don’t qualify for a skilled workers visa.

    • BobinOz February 18, 2019, 6:47 pm | Link

      Depending on your circumstances and which country you are from, you may qualify for a Working Holiday Visa, to find out more about those, see my page Working Holiday Visas and Backpacking in Australia.

      If you’re looking for a more permanent visa, then you should really speak to a MARA registered migration agent about your options as they are the only ones legally able to advise you.

      Good luck, Bob

  • Vernon Nimal Wijetunga December 11, 2018, 5:02 pm | Link

    This request for my son and Daughter in law. Do you get employer’s sponsorship for Job visas.

    • BobinOz December 13, 2018, 7:24 pm | Link

      Your question has different interpretations and is therefore impossible to answer. I suggest you speak directly to a MARA registered migration agent about the situations of your son and daughter-in-law for accurate answers to what you would like to know.

  • Wumi December 7, 2018, 6:30 am | Link

    Hi Bob,
    My name is wumi, I’m married with a daughter of 9month old, I’m 27yrs old while my hubby is 33yrs.we re both graduates of sociology and business administration respectively, I work in a bank with a 3 yrs experience while my hubby works as a technician with a 10yrs experience… Pls what are our chances of relocation and is it compulsory to take d ielts exam before the application. Thank you

    • BobinOz December 7, 2018, 6:48 pm | Link

      I can’t answer these questions here, but if you want to know what your chances are of getting a visa to move to Australia, please read the above page in full.

      If you do decide to go ahead and purchase a visa assessment, and then complete the questionnaire and return it to my MARA migration agent, he will answer these questions for you in full and much more.

      You will know, for sure, whether you have a chance to relocate here and if you do, exactly what you need to do to make it happen.

      Good luck, Bob

  • Linda November 9, 2018, 6:45 am | Link

    Hello, I’m trying to pay for the initial assessment by Simon. I do not have a PayPal account and that seems to be the only way to pay.
    In the image you placed in this article, you circled a tab to pay with a card. I don’t see that when I try to pay.
    Please, help.

    • BobinOz November 12, 2018, 6:57 pm | Link

      I think there are a small number of countries that PayPal does not support for credit card payment options, maybe you are in one of them? The credit card option is definitely still appearing for me in Australia and I know people from many countries around the world are still using this payment method via PayPal.

      So I can only think that, unfortunately, you must be in a country where this payment method is not available. The only way round it would be if you could ask someone else to purchase it on your behalf, and then in the special instructions box during the payment process, write “Assessment purchased for… And then add your name”.

  • Mrs. Wing October 25, 2018, 7:57 am | Link

    Hello Bob. I have read some of your articles 3 years ago when I and my family were planning to move to Australia. They were really informative and helpful. Thank you so much for sharing your experiences. However, at that time I only had my Diploma for Adult Nursing, then there was a sudden change with the APHRA requirements so I had to top up my course.

    I have my Bachelors Degree now, but the problem is I have turned 40 years old this year- a disadvantage for Skilled Visa. Currently, I preparing for my OET for APHRA Registration, but I keep having second thoughts regarding my eligibility for visa. Also, I am planning to take my family with me.

    Btw, is it better for me to get my APHRA Registration first before starting my assessment/visa application? I have seen some immigration consultants/nursing agencies online but I am confused as to which one to go for. Thank you so much.

    • BobinOz October 26, 2018, 5:45 pm | Link

      Hi Mrs Wing

      Turning 40 won’t have helped, but I don’t think it’s a significant problem until you get to 45. Hopefully with your qualifications and your skill you still have enough points.

      As for your question, I need to clarify what type of assessment you mean? Do you mean assessment for your skills? Assessment for registration? Or assessment for your potential eligibility for a visa?

      If it’s the final one, eligibility for a visa, then that is specifically what this visa assessment service as described on this page means. When my agent does an assessment, he will work out if you are eligible for a visa and may add a or some ‘subject to’ requirements. In your case, it could be subject to APHRA Registration.

      So, in view of that, it might be a good idea to do this assessment first as it would be quite frustrating if you jump through all the hoops to get APHRA registration and then still did not qualify for any kind of visa.

      That’s the way I see it, but if you do want any further clarification on any point, just let me know.

      • Mrs. Wing November 7, 2018, 11:55 am | Link

        Hello Bob,

        I am sorry that I was not very clear about the assessment that I asked previously. What I meant was the assessment for my potential eligibility for a visa. I also forgot to mention that I am currently based in the UK with nearly 8 years of experience in adult nursing.

        Honestly, this plan of moving to Australia had been put on hold so many times and I realised that I need to do something significant to make the first step — to do the visa assessment on your website which I will do after I post this message.

        There are some emigration agencies here in the UK that aside from providing support for visa application, they also offer assistance for employment search and resettlement. If I would decide go for Simon Earles’ service, do you think he can also advise me as to where to start looking for jobs/accommodation for example or can he point me to people who can assist me with these? Sorry for asking you this, I hope that they are valid concerns. It is daunting especially that I will not only be moving on my own, but will be taking my family with me. Also realised that I am confused whether to proceed with Simon after the assessment or look for a migration agency based in the UK that offers more service. I hope that you can enlighten me regarding this matter. Thank you so much for your time and all your efforts to help us.

        • BobinOz November 8, 2018, 4:41 pm | Link

          Hi Mrs Wing

          Simon doesn’t specifically help with finding accommodation or a job, and any migration agent who does offer such services, I’m sure, will charge additional fees for them. It also wouldn’t surprise me if those who do offer this kind of help simply refer you on to a recruitment agency or relocation company as these are two entirely different specialisations.

          As part of your assessment with Simon you will have a follow-up conversation, usually by Skype, and if Simon can point you in the right direction, he will, although this is not part of the assessment. In case you haven’t seen them, my pages Getting a Job or a Sponsorship, Cost of Buying or Renting a House in Australia and Which school? may help.

          It’s hard to imagine that a migration agency located in the UK would be best placed to help you find work and accommodation in Australia, I would have thought going direct to a recruitment company and a relocation company with offices in the city or cities where you intend to move to may be better. I do understand your concerns, it’s a massive move, and many things to think about.

          Hope that helps and good luck with your assessment, Bob

  • Karra Soedarjo October 22, 2018, 5:25 am | Link

    Hi Bob,
    Your website has been like a god send to me, going through the australian government website is like going through a maze, and its like digging through a rabbit hole.
    Anyhow, I am going to take the assessment through your MARA agent, however, how it is best to determine who should be the main applicant? For a brief info, both my husband and myself is 34 years old, we have a 20 months old baby girl and another one on the way, plus two spoiled dogs. We’re both Canadian, my husband is a sous chef and I am an accountant with working experience of 7-10 years for each of us.
    Hope you have some pointers and insight on how to move forward. Also, just out of curiosity, how long did it take you from the moment you submit your application until you finally move to Australia.
    Thanks for reading my question. 🙂

    • BobinOz October 22, 2018, 8:54 pm | Link

      Hi Karra

      Thanks for the kind words, glad to hear my website has been helpful to you.

      I had a word with Simon about this earlier, and he has suggested that you both send in your CV’s when you complete the questionnaire and nominate your husband as the main candidate. Both of your occupations are in high demand, but because of the way the points system is at the moment, sous chef is likely to have more options.

      As for how long it takes, it really depends on the kind of visa; it can be as quick as three months, he can take more than a year.

      All will be explained in the assessment and follow-up.

      Good luck, Bob

  • Kashif ch October 10, 2018, 6:09 pm | Link

    Hy Bob
    I’m kashif hameed from Pakistan I wish to become to Austria i have no ielts. I’m student of Bsc civil technology so pleas i wish pLeas give me viza

    • Mohamed Taha March 25, 2019, 8:20 pm | Link

      Hi Bob,
      I’m Mohamed from Egypt,
      I have acontract between me and australian Company as a geologist and I accepted all terms and conditions, then they asked mployment Eligibility and Attestation Letter, how can I get on it.
      Thanks a lot & best regards

      • BobinOz March 26, 2019, 7:20 pm | Link

        Visas are issued by the Australian Government, for more, see my page about Visas.

        It’s a minefield trying to sort it out yourself though, so you’d be better off asking for help from a MARA registered migration agent, to find one of those, see Choosing a MARA Registered Migration Agent..

        Hope that helps, Bob

Cancel reply

Leave a Comment

If your comment doesn’t get answered, find out why…..
FAQs and Comment Policy.