Choosing a MARA Registered Migration Agent

Migration agents.

You do not have to use a migration agent to get a visa for Australia, you can do it yourself. But we did use one. Why?
Although my wife’s skill was on the Skilled Occupations List, she did not have a recognised qualification for it so her skill had to be independently assessed before we could take our application further. I was over the maximum age limit, so with those two factors combined, we felt our application wasn’t straightforward.

Engaging a migration agent to help us gave us the comfort of knowing that our application, when it was finally sent off, was sound and did have a good chance of success. This is because any MARA registered migration agent has a duty to ensure that all applications they send to the Australian Government have a realistic chance of approval.

In fact, I believe that if any MARA registered agent continually submits poor applications, they will find themselves in danger of having their licence taken away from them.

Can you recommend a MARA registered migration agent?

Yes I can. I have now been working closely with MARA registered agents on this website since the beginning of 2012 providing personal and professional visa assessments. To find out more about this service, please visit the following page for full details…

What is MARA?

“The Office of the Migration Agents Registration Authority is an office attached to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP). We are based in Sydney and operate nationwide.” That’s a quote taken directly from the About Us page from the official site, which you can visit here…

All migration agents in Australia must be registered with the Office of the Migration Agents Registration Authority (MARA).

So, if somebody is not MARA registered, they cannot charge you a fee to help you submit your application, they would be breaking the law here in Australia if they did. But whether you are looking to use an Australian-based agent or an agent from anywhere around the world, it is essential you choose to work with only MARA registered migration agents.

More information can be found by visiting the governments MARA website mentioned above, but if you are looking for professional assistance, I do highly recommend my agent who is MARA registered and Australian-based. There is no need for face to face meetings these days either, everything is done over the Internet and by telephone.

How much will an agent cost?

MARA has a page on their website with a guide to fees…..

How much did my agent cost?

We were charged £1,213.25 including VAT by our MARA registered migration agent, but in addition to this we had to pay £675 including VAT for my wife’s skills assessment. We came over on one of the General Skilled Migration visas. The exchange rate at the time (2007) was around 2.4 to 2.5 AUD to the pound, so we paid something like $3000 to our agent and around $1500 for the skills assessment.

This was excluding government fees.

Looking at the governments price guide, what we paid back in 2007 is pretty much the average of what is currently being charged now by migration agents.

Government fees

In addition to the fees and charges made by your MARA registered migration agent, should you choose to use one, there will be a fee payable to the Australian Government for your visa.

These fees vary but the government has a page on their website with the details.

Unlike the migration agent fees, the government fees have gone up massively since 2007. Back then we paid a total of $1990 for my wife, myself, and our young daughter. Right now (February 2017) we would be charged $3600 for my wife, $1800 for myself and $900 for my daughter, totalling $6300.

Please bear in mind that these government fees are non-refundable, if your application is declined, you lose all that money. A professionally prepared application lodged through a MARA agent will minimise that risk.

MARA Agents: Payments in advance

Some migration agents ask for quite large and substantial upfront fees before they even look at your details or your situation. This should not be the case and there is no justification for any agent requesting such fees and you should treat any such requests with caution.

Other services offer a “free” assessment, but this is usually just an automated process that takes some basic details and calculates your points. If you score the requested number of points, you are then asked for a sometimes quite substantial sum in advance before they will help you further, again I suggest caution.

Never pay large sums in advance to migration agents, a reasonable deposit, 20% to 40%, should only be paid after the agent has looked at ALL of your details and has informed you, in writing, which visa or visas you might qualify for and the exact costs of applying for those visas, including the agents fees.

With our Visa Assessment Service, you will pay a small fee, but my agent will spend something like a couple of hours looking through all of your information, deciding which options are best for you, putting it all in writing and fully explaining all the costs.

If my agent feels you would not qualify for any visas, he would advise you of what YOU can do to improve your chances of success and, if possible, suggest ways you can achieve a higher points total. My agent would not take on your case if he felt you would not be successful with your application.

Should you decide to use my agent to represent you, your assessment fee is added to your account as a credit towards your costs.

If, for any reason, you are unhappy with the service, I will personally refund your money, I guarantee it.

Here’s one BIG final tip

Google is your friend. No, really! If you are considering using a specific MARA registered agent or company and you want to check them out, simply search for the name of that company followed by the word “reviews”.

You will be amazed by what might come up.

I have been contacted by several disgruntled readers who have paid good money, sometimes a lot of money, to supposedly reputable agents and they’ve received nothing but disappointment.

For each one, if these people had simply Googled the reviews about those companies they would have surely seen the opinions of many disgruntled clients and stayed away.

I suggest you Google first, pay later.

Important: Please read before commenting…

And for those looking for professional assistance…

Visa Assessment Service
Visa Assessment Service
{ 435 comments… add one }
  • luther osias May 20, 2016, 8:29 pm |

    good day Sir ,

    I would like to know if my chance are still big to get a student visa for a culinary program even if I am already 39 years old?

    • Rupinder saini September 1, 2016, 12:48 am |

      Hi Bob,

      Thanks dor having this website here its very helpful for us.

      I have some query like i am applying for student visa from India for master of prof. accounting course i dont know which city would be best where i shall get job in accounting and financ field…..
      plz help..

  • Stephanie Felita Iskandar May 19, 2016, 12:56 pm |

    Hi, I’m Stephanie Felita Iskandar. I’m graduated as Bachelor of Food Technologist at Agriculture Technology Faculty, Soegijapranata Catholic University (September 6th, 2014). After graduation, i’m working at Pinekenmars Pte. Ltd. Singapore as Food Technologist from October 2nd, 2014 to January 28th, 2016.

    I hope can move to Australia. Before i get information regarding job vacancy at Australia.But,tey reject my application because valid visa working at Australia.They suggest to me for settle my valid visa working first. Then after that, i can apply again to that company. Do you have any information regarding company will give sponsorship regarding valid visa working at Australia?

    My reason behind leaving my last job is in order to enhance my skill set, I am looking for better opportunities. If you hire me, it will be a great platform to showcase my skills. Whatever goals I set,I ensure to complete them within stipulated time. My expectations from this job is professionally advancement and good future. I think I have earned a bunch of good colleagues in my life. Enclose please find an attachement of my passport, all certificate, testimonial from last company (Pinekenmars PTE LTD) frommy private email. Thank you for you attention and kindness.

    • BobinOz May 19, 2016, 7:32 pm |

      I’m afraid I don’t have any vacancies at the moment for a Food Technologist, but if anything crops up, I will let you know. In the meantime, you might want to check out my page called Getting a Job or a Sponsorship.

      • bishal July 24, 2016, 8:11 pm |

        Hello bob
        I am here in sydney for master but I want to register my engineering degree in australia as I have completed it from india and want to get job.

  • luther osias May 6, 2016, 9:13 pm |

    Hi good day,
    due to rush decision i applied in this migration agent and paid first payment of 1900 AUD –I though that this agency will do everything particularly in polishing my resume on what should be place in my resume,thats when i suspect that they dont have any expertise in doing their job,the send me the needed documents to accomplish which is in fact its all in the internet all the information ,,,and then my suspicion goes further when they are requiring me to submit a documents which in fact its not required at all (I emailed the vetassess for this -they told me not needed) now i am planning to complain them at mara about this and be able to get a refund because the never done anything just that they just email me what documents to be emailed i have a strong case to complain?and still able to have a refund? sincerely luther osias

    • BobinOz May 8, 2016, 7:37 pm |

      Yes, you probably do have a case to complain, but are you sure this migration agent is actually MARA registered? Have you seen their registration number and checked they are on the register by using the link in the above article?

      If they are MARA registered, then you can certainly complain and MARA Org will look into it. I don’t know what powers MARA have, so I can’t answer your question about getting a refund, but I do hope you get it sorted out.

  • Gerusio April 18, 2016, 6:01 pm |

    Hi Bob,

    thank you for your quick reply,

    i have now received the email with the link.

    Best regards.

  • Gerusio April 18, 2016, 7:14 am |

    Hi Bob, i just paid for the visa assessment service through Paypal, after completing the payment i received confirmation that it had been successfully done but inwas not directed to the page where indownload the form to send to the Agent nor the email with the link for that, could youlease tell me how to proceed next to solve that issue?

    • BobinOz April 18, 2016, 3:28 pm |

      Hi Gerusio

      I’m not sure why you were not redirected to the download page, but the email with the download link would have definitely been sent to you automatically after you made your purchase. Sometimes this email goes missing though, or it gets placed in a spam or junk folder.

      I am going to send the email to you again now with the two PDFs attached. If you don’t see it, do have a look in some of your other Gmail folders to see if it’s there. Do get back to me if you still can’t find it.

      Good luck with your assessment, Bob

  • Clare Vinay April 5, 2016, 7:47 am |

    Dear Bob, May I please use your MARA agent to assist me or provide some advice. I would be happy for you to send me the contact details.

    • BobinOz April 5, 2016, 9:08 pm |

      Hi Claire

      Please check out my Visa Assessment Service page for full details of how this service works.

      It’s the way we work it here, it’s a very structured approach, you show a commitment to him by paying a minimal fee and taking the time to provide your full details and then he will spend a couple of hours or so of his time looking through everything to see what your best options might be.

      It’s all explained on the page. Good luck, Bob

  • jayesh March 27, 2016, 2:40 pm |

    I am indian I am handicap man my wife is also handicap one doughter 4 year we want to migrate australia. My wife is well educated she have master digree in I.T 2007 . Can you help me for this matter

    • Simran March 29, 2016, 1:09 am |

      Yes …sure

      • BobinOz March 29, 2016, 5:42 pm |

        You both the to speak to a MARA registered migration agent, they can help, I can’t.

        • Simran March 29, 2016, 5:51 pm |

          OK Sir
          But How We Will Talk With Them,
          Would Mind Can U Tell Us Any Easy Way to talk with them

          • BobinOz March 29, 2016, 11:52 pm |

            How you contact them varies from MARA agent to MARA agent. The only agent I can speak on behalf of is the one that works with me on this website, and the way to engage him is by firstly going through the Visa Assessment Service.

            Please read the instructions on that page and follow them closely. If you decide to use a different MARA migration agent, then you would need to find out from them how they prefer to operate.

  • Simran March 23, 2016, 9:03 pm |

    Hello Sir
    I m Indian , I want to get any visa of Australia, I m 26 year old girl, I wann do the job in Australia, would u plzz help , also I have no much money for visa , if any company yaa family need a employe so plzz call me …I can do any type of respect work

  • Justin March 23, 2016, 10:28 am |

    Am I eligible to use your agent even if I am from the United States and not the United Kingdom?

    • BobinOz March 24, 2016, 12:38 am |

      Yes, that’s no problem at all, my MARA agent can assist anybody from anywhere in the world.

  • Alison10 March 6, 2016, 7:36 am |

    Hi bob i have gone with your mara and filled in the questionaire and sent cv. We have been talking about this for roughly six months now… wow how months have flown.. anyway even though i am pretty sure of what i know i prefer to use your mara, i filled it in on the 29th of Feb, without passport number as i had sent mine of for renewal. i have now refilled in the questionaire again with the number and a few more details hoping to here from simon soon. …

    • BobinOz March 6, 2016, 11:39 pm |

      Hi Alison

      Yes, my agent has received both your returned questionnaires and CV, and thanks for supplying the second version with your new passport number.

      Simon has had a very busy couple of months but I’m pretty competent you will hear back from him very soon. Good luck with your assessment, I hope it works out well. Thanks, Bob

      • Alison10 March 7, 2016, 12:06 am |

        Thanks Bob for your very quick reply.. we are in our 40’s my partner nearing the 50 end so we know we need to do this now.. my sister emigrated last year, and we both lived as children in perth.
        my partner has lots of worries one that like my parents before me I will become home sick and want to return to britian.. but I have so wanted to return since I was little, I know it will be different and yes at times I may pine for home but that is all human nature.. takecare Alison

        • BobinOz March 7, 2016, 5:21 pm |

          I know so many Brits who have also pined for the UK, but a quick holiday back to visit soon put an end to that. The vast majority of them come back to Australia knowing that they could never return to the UK for good.

          I hope it all works out well for you. Thanks, Bob

      • Simran March 15, 2016, 7:35 pm |

        How can I ge work visa in Australia, Would u mind so plzz give m same way I m garuate and 26 year old girl. O m waiting Plzz send me mail I m waiting

      • Alison10 March 23, 2016, 10:43 am |

        Hi Bob, Simon (mara) has got back to us, I have to say how impressed we were with the level of detail he has gone to for us. Also his explanations are in full, and given alternative situations. I have only skimmed over it as he is so thorough. But I just wanted to let other people who visit your site and ponder on using him. After we have read and absorbed the information I think there will be no hesitation in asking him to be our Mara for the rest of this journey. So once again thank you for recommending him Alison

        • BobinOz March 24, 2016, 12:23 am |

          Thank you for the wonderful feedback Alison, I’m really glad you have been impressed with Simon’s assessment, and you have used the exact word I would as well, and that’s thorough.

          I am very proud of the service he offers through this website and I’m pleased to hear you have been very happy with the service as well. Let’s hope this is just the beginning of your journey and you make it to Australia one day soon. Thanks, Bob

  • BHUPINDER SINGH March 2, 2016, 6:34 pm |

    Good day sir,
    I am Indian National.
    i have two sons both are citizens of Australia , my sef & my wants to apply for contributory parent migration visa subclass 143 straight.
    Not going thurogh subclass 173 first then within two years 143.
    shall be obliged if you can tell me latest cost.
    1. Application fee.
    2. 2nd installments.
    3. AOS ..
    Is it possible for my son or daughter in law to pay in Australia all payment as required or i must pay in india.

    • BobinOz March 3, 2016, 7:35 pm |

      You would need to speak to a MARA registered migration agent for answers to your questions. Alternatively if you watch the video on my page about Visas it will show you how to find out the fees for your visa types from the government.

  • Maureen February 28, 2016, 1:45 pm |

    Hi Bob
    We have a dilema in our family. My grandson married a Taiwanse girl in 2013 here in Australia. He then went to Taiwan and was married there also, however the Australian one is that counts.
    She was here on working visas which were extened several times. They applied for a partner visa and were knocked back. She had to return to Taiwan in 2015 which means they’ve been apart for almost 12 months now.
    We are at our wits end to find out how we can help to get these two people together to resume their married life.
    She has paid out hundreds of dollars trying all to no avail. She just tried a 601 visa and was knocked back. What the hell does a person have to do to get back and live with her husband of 2 plus years? Can you help…….but no agencies, they been bitten badly by them.

    • Maureen February 28, 2016, 1:46 pm |

      I forgot to add that we did write to the Immigration Dept. to the Minister and rudely and sadly didn’t even get a response!

      • BobinOz February 28, 2016, 9:28 pm |

        No Maureen, I can’t help, I’m not qualified to do so. I think you need to speak to a fully qualified lawyer with migration experience.

    • Mike March 30, 2016, 10:30 am |

      The Visa process is quite complicate, and there are extra difficulties if you have been rejected before, I would recommend you go through an MARA agent as further rejections can negatively impact future visa applications. If you have been bitten by an agency before I would recommend trying a smaller family run business, smaller ones are a lot more honest than previous advise it seems you’ve gotten when it comes to which visa will succeed and which won’t; you really shouldn’t get a rejected visa if you go through a decent agent, as they should know and should tell you if and why a application is unlikely to succeed (and hopefully be able to recommend one that will).

  • ALAJE Gbadebo james February 27, 2016, 2:12 am |

    All what I need is Australia visa,

  • adam February 26, 2016, 3:52 pm |

    hi Mr/Mrs
    my name is adam
    i commit a driving offence
    negligent driving and i went to court and they charge me with an offence and give me a community of service
    for time being i am in australia on bridging visa E as I applied to refugee visa

    i am leaving australia and i am engaged but we have been only for 4 month
    she welling to move with me to lebanon

    my question is
    i can apply after i leave the country under a spouse visa


    • BobinOz February 26, 2016, 7:45 pm |

      That’s something you should be discussing with a MARA registered migration agent.

  • Ophelia February 7, 2016, 12:58 am |

    I already have an admission at one of the higher institutions in Australia.Can MARA pay my admission fees for me so that i can pay back with interest later?

    • BobinOz February 8, 2016, 5:22 pm |

      I cannot speak on behalf of MARA the organisation or all of the individual MARA agent’s who are part of that organisation, but I can have a pretty good guess. Here’s what I reckon the answer is.


  • soumah kadiatou February 4, 2016, 9:16 pm |

    bonjour Bob,
    je suis immigrer vers l’australie ou le Canada, et jai besoin de votre aide

    • BobinOz February 4, 2016, 9:29 pm |

      Quel genre d’aide avez-vous besoin?

  • Ketan January 28, 2016, 5:06 am |

    Dear Bob

    I am 35 years old . Working as a manager mechanical engineer in well known company in India. In city ahmedabad state gujarat.
    I had try to get PR but every time I got 5.5 bend. So how can I got PR visa.
    And I am a married person and one kid.

    Pl give me advice. Whom I contact 4 PR process. And get visa.

    Also is it possible 457 visa for me.

    Please replr

    • BobinOz January 28, 2016, 8:39 pm |

      As this article clearly says, you need to contact a MARA migration agent. I’ve even given you full details about how to do that. Good luck, Bob

  • ilyas December 29, 2015, 11:18 pm |

    I am now working in malaysia as a welder i want to get Australia work visa and sponsorship I have no any friend and family membr in Australia so plz give me some details about visa policy how can I get

  • Sidi Ahmed Khaliffa December 24, 2015, 2:44 am |

    Hi, brother
    I am a young man from Mauritania with different degrees in English Department here. I would loke to migrate to Astoralia for the sake of finding a job. How could you help me

  • applicant December 8, 2015, 5:06 am |

    Hi Bob

    I hope you are doing well.

    I have a question if you can help me. I need to fill out form 80 and they have asked about half siblings. I have 4 half siblings but I have never met them and I do not know their details, where they live and what they do. Should I mentioned about them or not. I am really confused as if the case officer asks me for more details, then I would not be able to provide any details. Kindly advise me what to do. Should I mention about them in form 80 or not.

    Thanks and best regards

    • BobinOz December 9, 2015, 10:17 pm |

      This isn’t a question I can answer, see my notices above, if you need professional assistance you should speak to a MARA registered migration agent.

      • applicant December 10, 2015, 3:54 am |

        Hi Bob

        Thanks for your reply.

        It is just a general question, and whoever had gone through the process will be able to give a good advise on it. Someone who has had half siblings would know what the case officers ask from them, I just wanted to know that as I have never met my half siblings and do not know their details, should i even mention about them or should i not mention about them as if i am asked further details about them, i would not be able to provide them.

        • BobinOz December 10, 2015, 9:18 pm |

          I understood the question fully, but I’m simply not allowed to answer this kind of thing. Maybe somebody else might see this and be able to offer you some advice, if no one does though, then you should seek the help of a MARA agent.

  • Dee December 5, 2015, 8:02 am |

    Hi BOb,
    I have completed my 18 month masters in business admin from university of Canberra in 2013. I have more than 2 yrs work experience in computer programming back in my home country. Recently, I got job as technician in one of the school in Canberra they offered permanent position I have accepted the position but the issue is I am in student visa since my husband is studying and my visa expires in April 2016. So I am trying to extend my visa by applying for PR under skilled or sponsorship which ever is easier. Can you please advice how should I go about it and your charges as well.


    Sent from my iPhone

    • BobinOz December 7, 2015, 7:34 pm |

      Well, I don’t do these things personally, my MARA registered migration agent takes care of all visa applications on my behalf. If you want him to act for you, first you need to go through the Visa Assessment Service, everything is fully explained on that page.

      Once my agent has all of your information he can let you know how best to proceed and within the written report he will provide to you he will explain the full costs involved. Good luck, Bob

  • MUDED SAMSON November 25, 2015, 10:50 pm |

    Am augandan aged 31 years old,male,i have a Diploma in hotel and catering ,currently am in Qatar for now 2years working with Qatar food company but i need ajob in Australia or Canada please you could help me and email me the requirements u may need ,hope to hear from you soon.

  • Furqan November 23, 2015, 4:19 am |

    Hi Bob: Hope you are fine. I want to ask that my wife is working in Armed Forces so is there will be any issue when I will apply or any requirement because it’s difficult to her to get certificates from Army as her all original data is in their record and will not be handover before retirement or contract..give me some advice please because I am going to apply for immigration..thanks alot

  • Amed November 22, 2015, 9:40 pm |

    God bless..I just need to know is nomination and sponsorship done in the same application form or is it separate as immigration have 1196 form in both nomination and sponsorship for 457 visa


  • Jeff November 9, 2015, 9:33 am |

    Hi Bob,
    I have a partner that lives in Melbourne and I’m in the U.S. We are interested in applying for a temporary partner visa; however, we have been partners for less than a year. I’d like to move to Australia very soon to be with him with the possibility of finding work in Melbourne. I’m 38 years old and have a bachelors degree, but I did not see my occupation on the SOL. Can i find a sponsorship job in Melbourne while I’m awaiting the results of the partner visa? Would it be easier to register to school and find a different profession to satisfy the skills occupation list?
    Thank you in advance.

    • BobinOz November 25, 2015, 8:47 pm |

      These are specific questions for a MARA migration agent Jeff, I can’t help you with this. Please read my important notices above.

  • Manny November 4, 2015, 7:58 pm |

    G’day Bob
    My name is Manny and i would really like to know some important things from you which can save my future. So this is the story, i live in india and i went to Australia for a certificate course in 2011(basically a year course)after finishing that i extended my visa for 2 and a half years more to study Hospitality management meanwhile i was also working under hospitality since i landed in Australia.i finished my studies in dec 2014 and left with 3 months visa.I was eligible for the 457 sponsorship but due to some problems i could not arrange the money to go further about it.i was having insufficient funds and i returned back to my home country.I am having 3 years of experience in hospitality in Australia only by the way i was living in Melbourne.Now i am willing to get back to Australia but does not want to start from the scratch(student visa and all).Could you please advise me under what conditions i can get back to Australia.I am in very much trouble in my home country not getting any job and international degrees does not worth here . I spent a lot of money in Australia to study bymyself and cannot see these degrees getting dust on em.Please help me.Waiting for your reply.Many thanks.


    • BobinOz November 4, 2015, 9:20 pm |

      Please read my two important messages above, many thanks, Bob

  • fasu October 25, 2015, 11:34 am |

    Dear Sir/Madam,

    I am an European passport holder. I want my kid to get education in Sydney, Australia. My kid age is 11 years old.
    So would like to ask, can i also come as a parent with my kid ?

    – In what school should i enroll him public or private?
    – How much fees of school for per year?
    – How much funds do i have to show?
    – What are the requirements for kid visa and also for me as a parent visa.

    – How much visa fees and your charges?

    Please let me know i will be thankful to you.


    • BobinOz October 26, 2015, 11:49 pm |

      Well, this is probably something you need to speak to my expert about, to see how that works visit my page about Student Visas.

      Whether or not you can come with your child would be something you would also need to discuss with a MARA registered migration agent, but I would talk to the student expert first.

      Good luck, Bob

  • Sara October 11, 2015, 12:01 am |

    Dear sirs,

    I am writing to enquire whether or not I am eligible to apply for immigration to melbourn,Australia.

    My name is Sara Nosrati and I have been working as a pharmacist over 7 years in my home country, Iran.

    Having an excellent english skills and holds IELTS scores of
    Reading 9,
    listening7, I am pretty enthusiastic to find out a way to immigrate to Australia no matter how.

    It would be much appreciated if you could assist me in this matter since my brother resides in melbourne.

    Please find a copy of my resume attached along with this email.

    Should you need any additional information, please do not hesitate to contact me.

    I look forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience.

    Yours faithfully,
    Sara Nosrati

    Sara Nosrati
    Born on 21 march 1981
    Address: 2/297 liberty parade HEIDELBERG WEST / vic 3081
    Mobile: 0061434625619
    Education: Sep 1999-Nov 2006/Pharm.D
    Iran, Mashhad University of medical science

    July 2009- Oct 2015
    Iran, Mashhad, Dr.Shokohy’s pharmacy
    Dec 2009, July 2009
    Iran, Mashhad, Reza Hospital’s pharmacy
    Oct 2008, Dec 2009
    Iran, Mashhad, Imam Hospital’s pharmacy
    May 2006, Feb 2008
    Iran, Mashhad, Hakim Hospital’s pharmacy
    Professional Experience placements:

    Skill summary
    • Dispensing prescription medicines
    • Ensuring that different treatments are compatible
    • Checking closage and ensuring that medicines are correctly and safely supplied
    • Selling over-the-counter medicines
    • Counseling and advising the public on the treatment of minor ailments
    • Advising patients of any adverse side-effect of medicines or potential interactions with other medicines/treatments.
    Key strengths
    • Excellent customer service
    • Strong communication skills
    • Dedicated work ethic
    • Ability to work well in a team and autonomously
    • Willingness to learn and grew with the business
    • Ability to adapt to different areas of the pharmacy
    • Competent computer skills
    • High levels of integrity and honesty

    • BobinOz October 12, 2015, 6:08 pm |

      I couldn’t tell you if you qualify or not, please read my important notices in the above article. Many thanks, Bob

  • Umair October 1, 2015, 10:07 am |

    Hello sir, i live in chile i am pakistani i want to move in australia for work i want to ask you 2 question australia visit visa can change in work visa in australia. Second is what visa i can do its easy to work and live in australia thanks

  • sweety October 1, 2015, 4:54 am |

    HI BOB,
    Good Morning Dear,

    I’m an Australian and want to sponsor my 2 brothers as employees to come and work for us and live with us in Melbourne, Australia. they are living in UAE Past 15 to 20 years One of them have successful got his Assessment done for Financial Institute Branch Manager (ANZSCO CODE 149914 ).
    Could you please refer us to some one who can help us buy a legitimate business of such sort where by we can sponsor them on direct employer sponsor – 186 RP. Or Could you please advise us how we can sponsor them to Australia.
    we paid to many Agents but we needn’t get any satisfied answer.
    waiting for ur reply
    Many thanks
    Best regards,

    • BobinOz October 1, 2015, 4:34 pm |

      If you need assistance in obtaining a visa for Australia, then you will have to get that from a MARA registered migration agent. It is illegal for anybody else to assist you, that’s the law here in this country.

      The only agent that I recommend is the one I mentioned in the above article. I can’t help you buy a business here, and I have no contacts that I can recommend for that either. If you do go down that route, I suggest you find yourself an Australian lawyer to assist you.

      Good luck, Bob

  • teebee September 25, 2015, 7:55 am |


    Just wanted to say THANK YOU . I’ve never met you, in this online world we now live in you could have been some dodgy geezer pretending to be living the dream on the other side of the world, in reality posting from a dingy hovel in the back streets of Bradford for all I knew, but I had faith in you and your words of wisdom.

    I ignored the offers from UK based agents and I followed your recommendation and signed up with Simon at Signet migration as my agent… he’s in Australia – if anyone would know the best way to get the right visa for me it would be someone based in Australia. Plus he’s the Vice President of the Migration Institute of Australia (MIA) Queensland & NT branch – he must be OK at his job!!

    The UK to Brisbane time difference was never an issue, all correspondence was done via email, Simon was fast and efficient and thorough with all areas of my application and always happy to give advice and reassurance throughout the process. Payments were broken down into stages and paid on completion of each different point. After just 15 months with Simon’s help we have just received our 190 visas with state sponsorship from SA.

    As your my guru for migration I’ll now be re-reading your blogs for the next stages of moving now we are out of limbo – I just hope I don’t find out your in a shed down the road in Bradford :p

    Thanks again Bob – have a cold stubby on me!

    To anyone reading this page and asking Bob’s advice …. follow his advice – contact Simon!!

    • BobinOz September 27, 2015, 8:17 pm |

      Thank you for your kind comments about Simon, my MARA agent, very much appreciated. The Internet can be a dodgy place with dodgy characters, and yes, I could have been working out of a shed in Bradford. And this could have been me in my back garden…

      But come on, when has the sky ever been that blue in Bradford? 🙂

      Anyway, congratulations on securing that visa, hope you get to love South Australia is much as I love Queensland.

      By the way, I really am some dodgy geezer, but only in my spare time. When I’m working on this website, I like to keep it straight 🙂 Well spotted though.

      Cheers, Bob

      • tee bee September 28, 2015, 10:32 pm |

        no one smiles that much in Bradford either..

  • Njira September 23, 2015, 4:01 pm |

    Hi Bob,
    I am from Kenya and after secondary I did a 6 months course in beauty.been working in u.a.e currently in Kenya but would like to go to Australia for studies,,any registered Mara agent here u can recommend?

    • BobinOz September 23, 2015, 7:03 pm |

      Yes, of course, my recommendation is in the above article underneath the great big orange headline that says “Can you recommend a MARA registered migration agent?”

  • Kaiser Marcelo dos Santos August 22, 2015, 8:19 am |

    Hello Bob. First, congratulations for the great help it has given to remedy doubt about immigration. Could you give me a competent immigration agent in Adelaide? I am Brazilian and I am living in Adelaide as a student there only three months. I’m 43 years that is age limit to get some punctuation age. I not have a good English yet but I’m studying hard for it. On the other hand I have a solid teaching career in Brazil with more than twenty years working in the area and three postgraduate courses. I know I work in my profession here would not be easy, though this profession is in the “SOL”, but I wonder if the best way for a permanent visa would insist as a teacher pursuing a master’s degree here or would you rather find another way through another occupation. Thank you for all attention.

    • BobinOz August 23, 2015, 7:31 pm |

      Just because you are in Adelaide now doesn’t mean you need to deal with a MARA migration agent based in Adelaide. Almost everything is done online these days, and then there is Skype for chatting, so it’s all covered.

      The only migration agent I recommend is the agent I’m working with on this website, he knows what he’s doing, he is very conscientious and his prices are highly competitive. If you want to get the ball rolling, please go through my Visa Assessment Service.

      Good luck, Bob

  • na July 30, 2015, 4:27 pm |

    Hi Bob

    I hope you are doing well.

    Nice forum btw! I need a couple of questions answered, if you can help me out.

    I currently live in Pakistan and am a Pakistani citizen, I want to apply for Australian PR and I visited a couple of agents. One of them said he is not a MARA agent but a couple of my friend have gotten Australian PR through him. The other agent claims that he is a MARA agent, but what they have actually done is that the actual MARA agent is in another city, and in different cities they have collaborated and different agents from different cities take up immigration cases and send them to the MARA agent who is actually in another city, and they divide the fee paid by the Customers.

    Question 1) I want to know which would be better, and safe. There is no registered MARA agent in my city, but some people claim that they are but they actually use the id/MARA number of another agent with whom they collaborate. On the other hand, I have seen 2 people go to Australia through the non MARA agent. Which one should I got for? kindly help m as I have to make a decision fast !

    Question 2) How much time will i need to spend physically in Australia to get citizenship. I have asked 3 people and all of them have given me different answers including the agents. Can u please tell me the exact breakdown of the number of days i need to be physically present in Australia to qualify for Australian citizenship?

    Question 3) My Parents are old, and they live in Pakistan. if I go to Australia, will they get a visa? something like a Visitors Visa so they can live with me? if yes, then for how long is the Visitors visa granted?

    I shall be thankful to you if you can answer the above questions.

    Thanks and Regards

    • BobinOz July 30, 2015, 6:55 pm |

      Hi, and welcome. Glad you like my website.

      Yes, I am aware that many people claim to be MARA agents but instead are using the ID of a MARA agent based elsewhere and I know that this can become problematic.

      Then you have someone there who is not a MARA agent but you know has been successful, but if you do use them and something goes wrong, you don’t really have any comeback. It’s only illegal in Australia for somebody to offer migration advice who isn’t a MARA agent, so the person you know isn’t breaking the law as far as I’m aware.

      So, what should you do?

      My advice, and obviously you don’t have to take it, is to use a MARA registered migration agent who is based in Australia, you really do not need to use an agent where you live, almost everything is done electronically online these days. That’s the only way I can feel confident that you would be covered. Of course, you can use my agent through my Visa Assessment Service if you wish.

      As for your second and third questions, as I’ve already mentioned in this answer to you, it would be illegal for me to advise you because I do live in Australia and I’m not a MARA migration agent. So I just can’t answer you, but once you get talking to a MARA agent, they will be able to answer you in full.

      Good luck, Bob

      • na July 30, 2015, 7:57 pm |

        Thank you for your reply Bob – I really appreciate it.

        But I wanted to know a rough guess, need not be correct (obviously not anything illegal) – I ask the question because I want to know the amount of time I need to spend in Australia to become a citizen, and as my Parents are old, I cannot leave them for a long time… so I wanted them to travel with me… like they can stay there an year or two, and then we all can come back, and then I can go again for a while,,, keep alternating…

        So what I wanted to ask is that is visitor visa granted easily to Parents Whose children are on Australia PR, because if the time to stay in Australia is very long, and if my Parents cannot travel with me, then I would consider not applying because my Parents are my priority and I would not want to get the charm and benefits of another country on the cost of my Parents happiness..

        • BobinOz July 31, 2015, 6:45 pm |

          Still a question from MARA agent, only they can advise on this kind of thing.

          • na August 1, 2015, 3:45 am |

            can you refer me to one?

            • BobinOz August 2, 2015, 7:54 pm |

              Yes, I highly recommend my agent, if you want to get his opinion then you would need to go through my Visa Assessment Service. Your parents and any other independent adults would need to be separately assessed. Good luck, Bob

  • Antonia July 14, 2015, 6:04 pm |

    Thank you very much, Bob.That does help.
    Cheers, Antonia

  • Antonia July 10, 2015, 11:15 am |

    Hello Bob,
    The website is indeed very helpful, but I am stilI not sure about the MARA agent thing.
    I am looking to apply for a partner visa, and was wondering if you (or anybody who has undergone this fun visa exercise) can tell me what an agent would take off our shoulders. You mentioned that an agent will ensure everything is logged properly, which sounds like a good start. Would you be able to give us an idea what else is entailed? I’m sure its doable without an agent, but was wondering if its advisable and if we’d stay sane…
    Thanks and have great day

    • BobinOz July 10, 2015, 4:27 pm |

      Well, it would be quite impossible for me to list everything an agent does, but the bottom line for me is that these visa applications cost a lot of money; note that I didn’t say visas, I said the application for the visa.

      So if you get it wrong, and you apply for a visa you do not qualify for, you will lose the application fee that you paid to the government. These fees can be as much as $3000 or $4000, sometimes much more depending on how many people in your family and the visa type. A good MARA agent has a very high success rate, it’s very rare for a good MARA agent to make a submission that does not get approved.

      So more than anything, it’s peace of mind on that one. Also, there are over 130 different kinds of visas available and a MARA agent will know precisely which one would suit you best after looking at your full details, or whether you simply don’t qualify for any of them.

      But of course, yes, you can do it yourself, and many people do, at the end of the day it’s entirely up to you. Good luck, Bob

  • Sheena May 29, 2015, 8:08 pm |

    Hi bob..
    Plz recommend me mara agent in ludhiana for study visa in austalia..

    • BobinOz June 1, 2015, 2:58 pm |

      I don’t know one in Ludhiana.

  • Sunit May 13, 2015, 8:09 pm |

    Hi Bob,
    I need to your help in terms of advice, I am a Construction Engineering professional from Mumbai, India, 39 years of age, working with a decent organisation at a comfortable salary, around 60K AUD per anum (if converted to AUD from INR). My wife is an IT professional and also working with a known organisation i.e. Oracle Inc.
    We were in Australia last year when my wife got an onsite opportunity to work in Brisbane. And as we were looking ahead to explore the chance to try and settle in Australia, I left my job then and joined her to travel to Brisbane with our 10 year old son. We landed there in Jun-14, we stayed there up to Jan-15, during which my son was studying in the state school there, I was looking for jobs and my wife was the only earning member in our family. After her assignment completed she had a chance to extend her work there, but since I didn’t found any good job opportunity but to work briefly with a small developer, since I didn’t had PR but was there on 458 Visa, we took a call to come back to India.
    But were terribly upset to return back since we loved the life there in all respects. Soon we processed my migration case with a consultant, conducted my skill assessment and other formalities for Australian PR and now we have a chance to get a NSW 489 Visa (State sponsorship) since my skill is in demand.
    Now the questions comes to our mind where we would need your vital opinion like,
    • Is that is it too late at my age to migrate
    • Will it be wise to move out when we both are having jobs, our own home and are well settled.
    • Will I get a suitable job in NSW even though I don’t have qualification and work experience of Australia, although my skill is in demand.
    • Is the market in Australia stable enough even after I am able to get a decent job.
    Although I know we need to take certain risk in such matters, I would need your words of opinion on whether should I carry on and make a move or should not think of at this situation.
    Kindly give your significant views, I would really appreciate and be glad if you can help us on taking a decision in this regards.
    Waiting eagerly for your reply and thank you so much for reading my long letter.

    With best regards,

    • BobinOz May 14, 2015, 6:32 pm |

      Hi Sunit

      I understand your apprehension, it’s a big decision to come here. Yes, you will need to take risks, but I’m afraid I can’t calculate on your behalf exactly what kind of risks you are taking here.

      I don’t know whether you would get a job or not, it’s impossible for me to predict that for anybody. The job market isn’t great at the moment, unemployment is a little higher than usual as at today’s date, but then I have no idea whether your skill is in high demand or not.

      All you can do is check out my page called Getting a Job or a Sponsorship and use the links there to search to see what kind of opportunities might be available to you.

      All I can answer with some certainty is that you are not too old to make the move, I was 10 years older than you when I came here and I’m having a great time.

      Good luck, whatever you decide.


  • Agnes May 11, 2015, 6:58 am |

    Hi Bob,
    I am busy with preparing my documents, I want to get visa 189 Migration Skills Assessment
    Country of passport:
    Visa type (if known):
    Occupation (if known):
    Dental Technician

    I know TRA Recognition Australia requires 3 years work experience after issuing qualification, I have worked as Dental Technician for 7 years (first as a student), but my diploma is issued 2 years ago. Do I have chance to be recognized ? What should I do to get your and your agent help?

    • BobinOz May 11, 2015, 11:32 pm |

      Hi Agnes

      My agent could help you with this if you were to go through the Visa Assessment Service and then go on to appoint him to represent you with your application.

      How much work experience you have though can often be very difficult to calculate, even MARA agents struggle with it. Sometimes the only people who can actually tell you are the assessing authorities for that skill.

      If you look at some of the comments on my page about EOI, lots of people have spoken about how they didn’t get as many years experience as they thought they would.

      • Agnes May 12, 2015, 3:43 pm |

        Hi Bob, you sent to me an email there are 3 links I can not open, could you please send it again ?
        only the first one works
        Have a good evening,

        • BobinOz May 12, 2015, 7:46 pm |

          Do you mean the comment notification Agnes? Did it say the same thing as the comment above? Not sure why those links weren’t working your end, but they work above if you want to click through.

          Thanks, Bob

          • Agnes May 13, 2015, 6:46 am |

            ah, ok:) in my email are more links, but it doesn’t matter than. I will look only here,
            Thank you

  • Simon May 9, 2015, 10:30 pm |

    Can you recommend a Mara agent that is located in the UK? As far as I can see, Simon Earles, who you recommend, is located in Australia 🙁

    • BobinOz May 10, 2015, 9:09 pm |

      No Simon, sorry, I can’t. The UK agent we used 8 years ago was very good, but she retired a few years ago. And yes, the agent I do recommend is based here in Australia, but these days everything is done electronically anyway so it’s not so important to try and choose someone who lives in the same country as yourself.

  • P Smith May 5, 2015, 10:43 pm |


    I just wanted to put a quick comment to stress how important it is to work with a MARA registered agent.
    It is so easy to get caught up in the excitement and dream of moving to Oz you can easily get carried away and start working with a company that is neither MARA registered or a legit company. I made this mistake!!!! Stay away from Edited out by admin, Edited out by admin, Edited out by admin, Edited out by admin and Edited out by admin. They are all run by the same people.

    I was dealing with Edited out by admin who i was put in touch with via Edited out by admin. I paid over £2000 and was promised a visa within 12 months. That was 13 months ago and i still haven’t had a skills assessment logged. It sounds silly to make this mistake but they know what they are talking about and it is easy to get taken in by the rubbish they tell you. I have lost all communication with this company. They took my money and then i found out that my case worker left the company in February and i haven’t heard anything since.

    A year later i have no visa and am starting the process all over again by myself.

    • BobinOz May 6, 2015, 6:39 pm |

      Hi P Smith

      Firstly, I have to apologise to you. I’m afraid I have had to edit out all of those company names that you have mentioned that you have had, by sounds, a rotten time with.

      I would dearly love to leave them intact here for my other readers to see, but if any of these companies decided to sue me, or more likely if all of them did being as they’re owned by the same people, it would be a very bad day for my retirement fund.

      I hope you understand.

      What you have done though, which I’m sure will act every bit as much as a warning to my readers, is highlight that there are many companies out there that do not do what they say they do. My advice is anybody dealing with one of these larger looking companies with lots of staff must find out the name of the person who is handling their case and then search, using the link in my above article, the MARA database to make sure that that person themselves is MARA registered.

      If the person you are dealing with direct is not MARA registered, find someone else.

      As you almost certainly already know, I have a MARA agent working with me and I will guarantee you that you can trust him fully. The link to his service is above in the article but who ever you decide to go through the process with all over again, I hope it all works out this time.

      Many thanks, Bob

  • Suniti May 4, 2015, 4:40 pm |

    hey Bob!..
    as u have suggested to google i have been googling loads to find ways to permanently settle to Australia.not sure until now the right way..

    well, im a student currently in india. As soon as i am done with my masters degree i waana flee to Australia and start working there….and eventually migrate!

    pls be my google and channel me as to how i shall begin with procedures asappp…

    hoping to hear from u soon!

  • ayo April 25, 2015, 10:34 pm |

    Hi,am a Nigeria,am a community health worker working in a primary health centre,I also hav my first and second degree in health education.have 8yrs experience on myjob,my hubby is a business man,plsi need your help on how to move pepermanently to Australia.

  • furqan April 1, 2015, 2:02 am |

    Dear Bob,

    I want to know is there any consultant or agent available in Saudi Arabia? I am loking for it to start my process. Kindly guide me as i have 5 year professional experience in my own field and want to move now in Australia. Please help

    • BobinOz April 1, 2015, 9:32 pm |

      Not one that I know of or can recommend to you. These days everything can be done online, over the Internet, plus a bit of Skype or telephone calls. If you want to work with an agent I do recommend, then look no further than my Visa Assessment Service.

  • crissy March 29, 2015, 10:32 pm |

    Hi there,

    I australian citizen and i wanted to have my cousin to come for a holiday from the Philippines. I spoke to flight centre twice who confirmed that he doesnt need a visa to come to Australia as long as he has return flight ticket. So before i do purchase a ticket for him. i just wanted to check that the flight centre agents are telling the correct information?

    Does he need to come for a holiday to visit us here in Australia?

    Hope to hear from you soon.



    • BobinOz March 30, 2015, 4:43 pm |

      Your cousin will need a visa unless he is an Australian citizen with a current Australian passport, even for just a holiday.

  • sara March 26, 2015, 10:17 pm |

    hi bob

    my husband is currently living and working in dubai and is on work visa and i live in australia. we applied for a partner subclass 309 visa last year after we got married and my husband was granted his visa two days ago. we have collected our documents and will be booking a ticket for him to come here but we are confused with the working visa.. does he wait for his working visa to finish and then travel to australia with his partner visa? or can he just book a ticket now and come to australia and not worry about the work visa? his employer is fine with him leaving now but we are confused with what we should do. could you please help us out?
    thank you

    • BobinOz March 27, 2015, 9:15 pm |

      No, I can’t, you would need to talk to a MARA migration agent. Check out my important notices above.

  • Solly March 11, 2015, 3:07 pm |

    Dear Bob,

    I am 36 yrs, Indian, working as Registered nurse in Abudhabi (BSN)since 2007.I am planning to migrate to Australia with my family(husband and two kids).Can you please help me to find a approved agency in UAE and what is the next step to get PR.

    • furqan March 11, 2015, 6:55 pm |

      Dear Solly,

      Good to see your question. I have some same situation as my wife is in Pakistan and working as a registered Military Nursing (B.Sc).

      Dear Bob,

      Could you please help me as I am working in saudi arabia as a process engineer and want to migrate to Australia. Having 5 years of experience in my own field here. my age is 28. Will be thankful for your advice.

      • BobinOz March 11, 2015, 9:41 pm |

        Solly, I don’t have any contacts in the UAE, but if you use the link in the above article underneath the heading “What is MARA?” you can visit their website and search their database for registered agents. You might find someone from UAE, but I can’t tell you how good they might be, as I say, I don’t know anyone over there.

        Fuqan, I can’t help you, you need to speak to a MARA registered migration agent.

        Both of you, I do highly recommend my MARA registered migration agent, he works with me here on this website, again there is a link to his service in the above article, right at the top. Look for the words Visa Assessment Service.

        Good luck, Bob

        • solly March 12, 2015, 2:42 pm |

          Thanks a lot.

  • Clare Vinay March 10, 2015, 1:51 pm |

    Dear Bob,

    I would like some advice in relation to the following – I have a nephew who has had his occupation assessed as ‘Advertising Specialist’. He has scored 7.5 for IELTS and submitted an EOI and scored 65 points for 189 visa. Rather than wait for his occupation to he listed on the Sol, can he apply for jobs in Oz and see whether he is successful and advise DIBP. The other alternative for him is to wait for an invitation to apply, but he has no State Nomination… any advice here.

    • BobinOz March 10, 2015, 8:09 pm |

      Yes, I’m afraid that’s another one of those questions I am legally unable to answer, please see my important notices above.

  • Yash Bhatt February 22, 2015, 11:03 pm |

    Thanks Bob. 🙂
    Also I am an IT graduate. Is there any scope for IT industry in Australia?

  • Yash Bhatt February 22, 2015, 12:09 am |

    Hi Bob, can you throw some light on the best MARA registered agent in Mumbai whI doesn’t cost much? Also, I’m a graduate with no work experience, so which type of visa shall I apply for? Please help.

    • BobinOz February 22, 2015, 9:19 pm |

      No, I can’t, I don’t know any MARA registered migration agents in Mumbai. If you do find one, make sure you verify that they are MARA registered by asking them for their registration number and checking it through the link in the above article.

      Of course, most of the work these days is done electronically, so you don’t really need a Mumbai based agent, you could just as easily use one based here in Australia and if you decide to do that, then I do recommend my agent whose details are also in the above article.

    • Ganesh Krishnan May 23, 2016, 12:17 pm |

      Hi Yash,
      There are 3 agents that are registered with MARA and based in Mumbai.
      I am the newest in the lot. My website is with offices in Matunga W and Pune and Sydney.
      Again: Bob may remember not me but 5 years ago when I researched on Australia, I spent time only on this site and it helped me a great deal 🙂 And now here I am after 4 years, as a RMA helping people helping achieve their dreams, by sharing bobinoz as the ultimate process manual for immigration to Australia 🙂

Cancel reply

Leave a Comment

If your comment doesn’t get answered, find out why…..
FAQs and Comment Policy.