Living in West Sydney
The three districts in West Sydney are Canterbury-Bankstown, Greater Western Sydney and South Western Sydney. A full list of all the suburbs within these districts are at the end of this page.
These are the suburbs of West Sydney:
First up, the Local Government Area (LGA) of…….
- Ashbury, Bass Hill, Belfield, Belmore, Beverly Hills, Birrong
- Canterbury, Campsie, Chester Hill, Chullora, Clemton Park, Condell Park
- Croydon Park, Earlwood, Georges Hall, Greenacre, Hurlstone Park, Kingsgrove
- Lakemba, Lansdowne, Leightonfield, Milperra, Mount Lewis, Narwee
- Padstow, Padstow Heights, Panania, Picnic Point, Potts Hill, Punchbowl
- Regents Park, Revesby, Revesby Heights, Riverwood, Roselands, Sefton
- Undercliffe, Villawood, Wiley Park, Yagoona
Greater Western Sydney
Greater Western Sydney is a huge area, it has eight Local Government Areas…
- Auburn Council, The Hills Shire, Blacktown
- Camden Council, Fairfield
- Holroyd, Parramatta, Penrith
This is how those LGAs break down into suburbs.
- Auburn, Berala, HomebushBay, Lidcombe, Newington, RegentsPark
- Rookwood, Silverwater
The Hills Shire
- Annangrove, Baulkham Hills, Beaumont Hills, Bella Vista, Box Hill, Carlingford
- Castle Hill, Cattai, Dural, Glenhaven, Glenorie, Kellyville
- Kenthurst, Leets Vale, Lower Portland, Maraylya, Maroota, Middle Dural
- Nelson, Northmead, North Parramatta, North Rocks, Oatlands, Rouse Hill
- Sackville North, South Maroota, West Pennant Hills, Wisemans Ferry
- Acacia Gardens, Arndell Park, Bidwill, Blackett, Blacktown, Colebee
- Dean Park, Dharruk, Doonside, Eastern Creek, Emerton, Glendenning
- Glenwood, Hassall Grove, Hebersham, Huntingwood, Kellyville Ridge, Kings Langley
- Kings Park, Lalor Park, Lethbridge Park, Marayong, Marsden Park, Minchinbury
- Mount Druitt, Oakhurst, Parklea, Plumpton, Prospect, Quakers Hill
- Riverstone, Ropes Crossing, Rouse Hill, Rooty Hill, Schofields, Seven Hills
- Shalvey, Shanes Park, Stanhope Gardens, The Ponds, Toongabbie, Tregear
- Whalan, Willmot, Woodcroft
- Bickley Vale, Camden, Catherine Field, Cobbitty, Currans Hill, Elderslie
- Ellis Lane, Grasmere, Harrington Park, Kirkham, Leppington, Mount Annan
- Narellan, Narellan Vale, Oran Park, Smeaton Grange, Spring Farm
- Abbotsbury, Bonnyrigg, Bossley Park, Cabramatta, Canley Heights, Canley Vale
- Carramar, Cecil Park, Edensor Park, Fairfield, Greenfield Park, Horsley Park
- Lansvale, Mount Pritchard, Old Guildford, Prairiewood, Smithfield, St Johns Park
- Villawood, Wakeley, Wetherill Park, Yennora
- Girraween, Granville, Greystanes, Guildford, Fairfield, Holroyd
- Mays Hill, Merrylands, Parramatta, Pemulwuy, Pendle Hill, South Wentworthville
- Toongabbie, Wentworthville, Westmead, Woodpark, Yennor
- Camellia, Carlingford, Clyde, Constitution Hill, Dundas, Dundas Valley
- Eastwood, Epping, Ermington, Granville, Guildford East, Harris Park
- Kingsdene, Merrylands, Melrose Park, Northmead, Oatlands, Old Toongabbie
- Parramatta, Pendle Hill, Rosehill, Rydalmere, South Granville, Telopea
- Toongabbie, Winston Hills, Wentworthville, Westmead
- Agnes Banks, Berkshire Park, Cambridge Gardens, Cambridge Park, Castlereagh
- Claremont Meadows, Colyton, Cranebrook, Dunheved, Emu Heights, Emu Plains
- Erskine Park, Glenmore Park, Jamisontown, Kemps Creek, Kingswood, Kingswood Park
- Leonay, Llandilo, Londonderry, Luddenham, Mount Vernon, Mulgoa
- Orchard Hills, Oxley Park, Penrith, Regentville, St Clair, St Marys
- North St Marys, Wallacia, Werrington
South Western Sydney
South Western Sydney is a region within Greater Western Sydney and usually refers to the Local Government Areas (LGAs) of…….
- Liverpool, Campbelltown
This is how those two LGAs break down into suburbs.
- Ashcroft, Austral, Badgerys Creek, Bringelly, Busby, Cartwright
- Casula, Cecil Hills, Chipping Norton, Denham Court, Edmondson Park, Glenfield
- Green Valley, Greendale, Hammondville, Heckenberg, Hinchinbrook, Holsworthy
- Horningsea Park, Hoxton Park, Kemps Creek, Leppington, Liverpool, Lurnea
- Middleton Grange, Miller, Moorebank, Pleasure Point, Prestons, Rossmore
- Sadleir, Voyager Point, Warwick Farm, Wattle Grove, West Hoxton
- Airds, Ambarvale, Blair Athol, Blairmount, Bow, Bowing
- Bradbury, Campbelltown, Claymore, Denham Court, Eagle Vale, Englorie Park
- Eschol Park, Gilead, Glen Alpine, Glenfield, Ingleburn, Kearns
- Kentlyn, Leumeah, Long Point, Macquarie Fields, Macquarie Links, Menangle Park
- Minto, Minto Heights, Raby, Rosemeadow, Ruse, St Andrews
- St Helens Park, Varroville, Wedderburn, Woodbine
Do you live in this area? Tell us about your town or suburb in the comments below…
what suburbs in Sydney and inner west
Sydney has 658 suburbs. The inner west extends to Ashfield, Leichhardt, Newtown etc
Hey. I recently moved to Sydney and am about to move into a place in Hoxton Park… I was wondering if anyone can give me any info about the place. It looks pretty and quaint but the real estate people are pretty mum about stuff like crime rates and any possible problems?
I was wondering if anyone can give any sort of information about the place.
Hopefully somebody who knows the area will come in and help you out here Anastasia, but may I also suggest you visit my page called Which Suburb? I have some links that will help you research the suburb and find out more about it. Good luck, Bob
The crime rate is high your moving to the west the thing about the west is that it is the cheapest part of the most expensive city you can live in, in Australia. Also most of sydney’s public housing is here too. but the it is also the best time to move here it is also the most booming part of sydney more infrastructure and the must cultural diverse place of sydney you do not have to go an hour into sydney china town to get great Asian food or middle eastern food or anything. if you have an open mind and can ignore the minor population of idiots that roam the area the west is truly the best.
Hello, My husband has work in Sydney area, (Capicure Dr, Eastern Creek NSW 2766, Australia). I hope to live where I might walk to store, coffee, a class, yoga or the tram. An apartment is fine with porch/balcony. Any suggestions? Thanks for the site!!
Hopefully someone from down that way can help you out Joshlynn, but if you don’t get an answer here, you might have more luck if you ask on my main page about Sydney, it has more readers. Good luck, Bob
Hi Bob! Interesting website! I’m Australian & live in Cabramatta in Sydney. Most Sydney suburbs nowadays have a certain ethnic flavour. Cabramatta, for example, is home to the largest Vietnamese community in Australia. Suburbs such as Strathfield & Chatswood have many Koreans living there. Chinese are everywhere, with concentrations in places like Hurstville. Indians are concentrated around the Parramatta area, & Lebanese in Lakemba & Bankstown. I’ve been around the world, & I can say that I believe that Sydney is one of the most tolerant & welcoming cities!
Good to hear from you, and thank you for the insight into the Sydney suburbs. Sounds to me as though the city has its own ‘world map’ and that they are getting on with each other better than the real world is at times 🙂
Australia seems to have a bit of a poor reputation when it comes to racism according to the rest of the world, it’s good to hear someone sticking up for us who actually lives here and can see what’s going on.