North Hobart

Living in North Hobart

The only district in North Hobart is North Hobart. A full list of all the suburbs within this district is at the end of this page.

These are the suburbs of North Hobart:

North Hobart

• Bridgewater, Gagebrook, Old Beach, Brighton

Do you live in this area? Tell us about your town or suburb in the comments below…

• Sueclapton January 10, 2021, 12:01 am |

In North Hobart, $ 1million if we get that for our place in Devonport?

• BobinOz January 12, 2021, 4:23 pm |

Pretty sure you can buy a lovely house for $1 million in North Hobart, and it would be a fine choice too. Hobart is a fantastic city, I think it would be great to live there.

• Sueclapton January 9, 2021, 11:55 pm |

I want to live in Hobart, Around about $1 million?

• rosie mellors August 6, 2015, 3:16 pm |

I want to know how to move to Tasmania? What do I need to know? Do I have to get a visa or apply to someone or just pack up and go. Where is the best area to live for retirees?
    Thankyou

• BobinOz August 6, 2015, 6:41 pm |

Yes, you do have to get a visa, and they are not very easy to get. You certainly can’t just turn up. For more information, see my page about Visas.

• Harryrightfullahead February 4, 2015, 6:35 pm |

Hey bob…been quite some time since I got u on ur blog…few questions for you…as I am big fan of English Premier League n I follow wherever I go….I have plans to move to Australia…does the country show live matches there…also which are the best cities in Australia to follow EPL with good fan base…I knw A-League is picking up there :)…but just cant stay away fm watching EPL matches for long time…also pls advice best sat tv service for watching European Football…
    Thanks in advance

• BobinOz February 5, 2015, 2:17 pm |

Hi Harryrightfullahead

The following article is a bit old, but most of it still holds true…

Yes, you will get to watch the EPL here, it’s still on Foxtel and these days it will cost you a minimum of $50 per month for the basic package plus sport. Most of the bigger cities have a large EPL following, for example here in Brisbane the go to pub to watch the footy is the Pig n Whistle in the city.

You will get some European football on ESPN through Foxtel as well, but they do also have some European Champions League stuff and a bit of the Europa League on SBS, that’s just a regular TV channel free to air, including some live games and a couple of highlight shows.

So you’re be well covered, cheers, Bob

• harryrighfullahead March 2, 2015, 9:30 pm |

Hey Bob…thanks for the reply….would surely come back with more queries….its just a beginning…. 🙂

• BobinOz March 3, 2015, 9:50 pm |

OK harryrighfullahead, speak later….