Join

The Bobinoz Membership Area

I am now pleased to announce full details of the membership area.

There isn’t one. Nothing to join. Nothing to pay. No premium membership. Nothing.

It’s all FREE!

Free

That’s all you need to know, nothing more to read here, unless you want to…

Why I scrapped my original plan

Websites like these do not run themselves, it takes a great deal of time to continually add content, keep up with the emails and comments as well as taking care of all ongoing maintenance. As it’s just little old me running this website, it’s pretty much turned into a full-time job.

Then there are costs for hosting, domain registrations, company registrations and all sorts of other costs involved in keeping a website like this online.

My original plan was to have a membership area with a small monthly premium, less than the cost of a glossy magazine, just to cover those costs and the time I spend doing it.

Well, I’ve now been doing it since the beginning of 2009 and I am still having the time of my life running this website. I love it, it’s fun and best of all, I get to chat with so many people through the comments.

It gets even better.

Some companies started to pay me to advertise here. I’m sure you’ve noticed I’ve got quite a few banners around the place all offering ‘moving to Australia’ related products and services. So I’ve sold advertising spaces, although in the blogosphere I believe it’s more commonly referred to as ‘getting sponsored’.

I also sell a few things around the website. Not my things, but other people’s things, things that I have personally reviewed and I believe both offer excellent value and are also relevant to my audience. And when I sell some of those things, the people I sell them for give me some commission.

I think this is brilliant, because it covers my costs and my time.

Thanks to these two small things, I can keep this website free to everybody.

All you have to do is put up with a few banners here and there, which I try to keep as unobtrusive as possible, and also understand that a few of my pages do actually sell things. Good things, relevant things, but things that will cost you money.

You don’t have to buy them though, you don’t have to spend a cent.

Access to each and every one of the over 1000 pages on Bobinoz is free. And all that premium content I intended to put in the membership area? I’ll be adding that here over the coming months and years, all for free.

Nothing to join. Nothing to pay. No premium membership. Nothing.

Thanks for reading.

Bob

• Aparna April 20, 2018, 12:29 am | Link

We are moving to Australia by next month. With things moving fast, we decided to open a bank account with Commonwealth Bank. Upon completion, they requested couple documents for identification purpose. One of them is “tax residency details”. We are not sure on what this is and how to get this. Could you please shed some light on this “Tax residency details”.

Aparna

• Paddy Merrill April 15, 2018, 7:14 pm | Link

I am looking for my grand daughter’s father who is shown on the electoral roll in Adelaide-
    Is it possible to locate a person through an agency to look him up for us. This is a private matter so I am not wanting to give further information publicly

I am in NZ thank you

• BobinOz April 16, 2018, 5:22 pm | Link

I would say your best bet is to Google for ‘private investigators Adelaide’ and I’m sure somebody will be able to look him up for you.

• Penn March 26, 2018, 7:50 pm | Link

Dear Mr Bob
    Honestly, you seem like the most organised and informative place on the web for Aus questions, so I’m really hoping you can help out with a slightly odd question. My friend’s son, G, aged 22, has qualified with a practical engineering diploma from a Tafe in Aus and is now applying for an independent skills visa (we’re all Zimbos, by the way. . .) The problem is that although English is G’s first language, he is hugely challenged by his dyslexia, and I mean hugely. He keeps missing the mark in IELTS for what is required to qualify for this visa. The family is at their wits’ end now. Can you advise if there are any special arrangements for highly dyslexic applicants, or loopholes, or provisions or just anything that can help this poor lad get through the competency tests for the visa? And have you ever had a similar ask on this blog before – sorry, I tried to search in your search bar but drew a blank. Very much appreciate your assistance with this – thank you.
    Penn

• BobinOz March 27, 2018, 7:15 pm | Link

Thanks Penn, but if only you knew how disorganised I am 🙂

Anyway, I can see how frustrating this can be, and I didn’t really know what to suggest a first. I did a bit of digging around though, and found that there can be additional help for those who need it.

Have a look at the following website:

Apparently, for those with dyslexia, you can get access to a word processor and have extra time for the Reading and Writing components. Hopefully that will give G the edge he needs to pass this test. It might also be worth looking into the Pearson PTE test which is also accepted by the Australian government. I’ve had quite a few people tell me it’s more user-friendly than IELTS and who knows, they may also offer further assistance for those who need it.

• Penn March 28, 2018, 1:42 am | Link

Thank you Mr Bob, your help is much appreciated! We will try all avenues and keep plodding on, remaining positive. Best wishes, and thank you for such a great service here at Bobinoz!!