Yesterday was April Fools’ Day; yes, we have it here in Australia too.
Last year, IKEA launched this product…
Yes, it was a hoax.
And today marks the beginning of the two-week Easter holidays for the kids. Time to scratch our heads for things to do again? Not really, just Google it!
And if you were to Google it, you will probably find that the first few results all lead to a website called Brisbanekids.com.au; and I’d like to thank that website for helping me with all of my research for this post.
Free things to do for kids in Brisbane.
Even though we are now well into autumn, today was hot and sunny with clear blue skies. Temperatures just about hit 30°C.
Luckily the Brisbane area has six great water parks.
- South Bank Lagoon in the city – FREE!
- Robelle Domain in Springfield south of the city – FREE!
- Rocks Riverside Park at Seventeen Mile Rocks – FREE!
- Redcliffe Lagoon on the north side of Brisbane – FREE!
- Wynnum Water Park is to the east of Brisbane – FREE!
Elizabeth and a couple of her school chums spent nearly all day in the sixth one, the swimming pool in our back garden.
But you don’t have to like getting wet to have fun for free.
- The Ipswich Art Gallery have Dreamer in Space, a black light puppet show and it’s FREE!
- Redcliffe Festival of Sales on Good Friday has a boat race and an awesome market all with free entertainment including street entertainers, sand sculpture and the Easter Bunny. It’s FREE!
- Redland Easter Family Festival is a family event with food and rides for FREE!
- Fun Soccer is at South Bank and it’s FREE!
- The Tivoli Drive In, yes, that’s a drive in cinema, is showing movies during the school holidays for FREE!
- You would normally have to pay to get in to David Fleay Wildlife Park down at the Gold Coast, but to celebrate the park’s 60th anniversary, from the 10th-17th of April, entry is FREE!
- Magic Glenn is at Sunnybank Shopping Centre in the first week of April with a magic and balloon show. Yes, it’s FREE!
- See the dinosaurs and bugs at the Queensland Museum, it’s FREE!
- Or go to Mount Glorious for a tropical rainforest walk, it’s FREE
Or play computer games on your DS.