6 Ways to Emigrate to Australia

Gone are the days when you just jumped on a boat and turned up.

It's Different Now

It’s Different Now

Now things are a little more tricky. In this very straight forward and quick guide, I’ll run through 6 ways to emigrate to Australia. Please be aware this post was written March 2009 and although I do try to keep it up-to-date, it is always wise to doublecheck over at homeaffairs.gov.au/.

They have pages and pages of information about the various visas, but it can be very difficult at times to understand it all. If you really do not want the headache of trying to work it all out, then I do have a shortcut for you to find out what your options might be. More on towards the bottom of this page.

Employer Sponsored Workers

Updated April 2017: 

The Australian government announced changes to some of these visas, to find out more please see my post called Australian Government Abolishes 457 Visas. These changes will affect the availability of visas in this category and also for those in the category below for professionals and other skilled migrants. Some of the changes also affect the possibility of turning a temporary visa into a permanent one.

For the pathways that do still work though, if you can find an employer who is prepared to offer you a job, this can be the quickest way to get your first foot into Australia. It might, under the right circumstances, also lead to a permanent residency.

This works for approved skills only and provided the employer can satisfy the government that no Australian worker is available for the job. For highly skilled jobs it is possible to come straight in on a permanent visa, dependant upon available schemes.

Professionals and other Skilled Migrants

Updated April 2017:

Or the General Skilled Migration programme, as it is also known. This for those over 18 and under 45 years old who speak good English. The jobs lists are a bit of a minefield but there seems to be the Skilled Occupation List (SOL), Critical Skills List (CSL), Employer Nominated Skilled Occupation List (ENSOL) and the Migration Occupations in Demand List (MODL). These skills lists also changed when the government announced their changes mentioned above, and they are now called Short-term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL) and Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL).

Confused? Yep. Me too. The easy answer is at the end of this article, so don’t panic.

Business Innovation Streams

Updated November 2019:

The kinds of visas available to business people have changed a few times over the years since I originally wrote this article. Temporary visas are currently still available to business people, and I believe under the right circumstances these can lead to a longer stay.

There are several Business Innovation streams for these kinds of visas, but the eligibility criteria is quite tough. For more see homeaffairs/businessinnovation

Doctors and Nurses

There is a shortage of both doctors and nurses and as such there are many opportunities for those with qualifications to move to Australia on a permanent basis. I have more information which doctors, nurses, dentists and other medical professionals might find useful. Please visit my page about nursing in Australia.

Investor Retirement

Updated November 2019:

As with the business visas mentioned earlier, the criteria for retirement visas have also changed quite a lot over the years. Some pathways have now been closed to new applicants, but, as with all visas for Australia, the rules can change at any time.

For the latest information on retirement and/or investor visas, please visit homeaffairs/retirementvisapathway which covers all of the options, including Parent visas and Contributory Parent visas.

Working Holiday Visa (WHV)

The Working Holiday Visa is clearly not permanent. But for those aged between 18 and 30 it’s a fantastic way of visiting the country to see if you like it. You are allowed to work for the entire period if you wish, although you can only work for a maximum of six months with any one employer.

However, if you have a skill which is in demand here, then coming over for 12 months and demonstrating your skills to a number of employers may well lead to a Employer Sponsored job offer. This could be one of the fastest ways to get here in small steps. Holiday Visa – Sponsored Visa – Permanent Visa.

The WHV and the similar Work and Holiday visas are only available to passport holders from qualifying countries, at the time of writing (see the Australian Government website for updates) they are…

WHV: Belgium, Canada, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Taiwan and the United Kingdom.

Work and holiday: Argentina, Bangladesh, Chile, Indonesia, Iran, Malaysia, Thailand, Turkey and the USA.


This is not intended as an exhaustive list or even an authoritative guide. A couple of pages to give you an overview is never going to tell the whole story. And that’s all this is. An overview. The rules change all the time and they are extremely complex.

For example, the government announced a reduction in the nation’s skilled migration intake at one point. The building and manufacturing trades were the ones hit. The idea was that companies would have to find bricklayers, plumbers, welders and carpenters domestically to combat the downturn in the building trade. But even so, employers who can’t find workers locally can still go abroad for them.

If you want to see how complex it all gets, head over to homeaffairs and take a look around. You can see all the latest job lists and see how the points system works. There is a pretty good search box top right that usually goes to what you have asked for.

Getting Professional Assistance

As I have mentioned earlier here, there is an easy answer, a shortcut for those who do not want to work it all out for themselves. Get a Migration Agent. Make sure they are MARA (Migration Agents Registration Authority) registered. They know all this stuff inside and out.

I’m pleased to say I have a MARA agent who works with me on this website, and he has been helping people on my behalf since early 2014. He is very good at what he does and can give you a professional assessment based on the exhaustive information he will ask you to provide.

Check out my Visa Assessment Service.

I’ll talk about migration agents next week. If you want to read about them now, go to Moving to Australia Part 3

For a full chronological list and brief description of all the posts in this series about how I moved to Australia, please visit my page How to Move to Australia.

Don’t want the expense of a MARA Agent yet? Then please read my page about Getting a Visa for more help.

Please note: I am not able to answer individual questions about getting a visa.

Finding a Sponsorship:

Many of you in the comments below and in personal emails to myself have provided me with details of your occupations, and have asked how you can find work and sponsorship in Australia. Please read my page Getting a Job Sponsorships in Australia and Finding Work.

Your Resume or CV:

If you are looking to secure a job in Australia, whether you are applying from here or abroad, you need your application to stand out amongst the others. The Resume Centre is a company founded by James Innes, one of the world’s leading professional Resume experts.

The Resume Centre is Australia’s most popular Resume consultancy, specialising in professional Resume writing services and LinkedIn/Viadeo profile writing services.

You can even get a free resume review by simply uploading your current resume. Visit The Resume Centre for more.

The Resume Centre

Important: Please read before commenting…

And for those looking for professional assistance…

Visa Assessment Service
{ 1659 comments… add one }
  • Gary Thomas April 5, 2018, 7:10 am |

    Hi Bob , I have just applied to marry a Indonesian girl . We can marry any time after the 3/5/18. The next step is to get her permanent residency, can you put me in the right direction

    • BobinOz April 5, 2018, 8:55 pm |

      Well, all I can do is suggest you speak with a MARA registered migration agent, they are the only people in Australia who are legally allowed to give this kind of advice.

      To find one, see my page about Migration agents. Or, if you prefer, Google ‘partner visa Australia’ and find the page on the homeaffairs website which is run by the Australian government, that will have some information for you.

  • Abhi March 19, 2018, 2:27 am |

    Hi bob,
    I have completed my B.E In mechanical engineering and i have got 7 IElTS Band overall and i have 1 year of experience in my field nd my occupation is in SOL nd i want to migrate to australia as a pr from india so am i eligible to apply for pr aacording to point based system and which visa is suitable for me??????

  • Urvik March 19, 2018, 2:26 am |

    Hi bob,
    I have completed my B.E In mechanical engineering and i have got 7 IElTS Band overall and i have 1 year of experience in my field nd my occupation is in SOL nd i want to migrate to australia as a pr from india so am i eligible to apply for pr aacording to point based system and which visa is suitable for me??????

  • Rosalind March 13, 2018, 4:39 am |

    If my occupation is on the STSOL list does it mean I would only qualify for a short term visa to Australia? Does the chance of getting PR once you are in the country depend on whether you are on the STSOL or LTSOL?

  • Nilan February 10, 2018, 2:54 am |

    I’m Nilan from Srilanka.i have a advanced diploma in mechanical engineering of city & guilds with 3 years of experience as technician in a printing press.but I have not Faced to ielts exam .i want know that what is the most easiest way for immigrate to Australia without ielts.

  • manjula February 8, 2018, 4:51 am |

    Hello bob.i am from sri lanka.i am working as a computer supervisor in typesetting.i can do more area multy duty work.but no chance to do it.if you can help me to come to australia.

  • John Lee January 21, 2018, 2:58 am |

    Hi I’m from South Korea.

    Right now I am a senior in university and majoring in international studies.

    What are the options available to emigrate to australia and what skills would help me?

    Thank You in advance

  • amit singh January 5, 2018, 5:20 am |

    i m from india please tell, Which technical course is best in australia for getting jobs in australia

  • praveen eranti January 5, 2018, 2:42 am |

    I am 34 years old from India, have 10 years of Investment Banking experience. Planning to Immigrate to Australia with my family. What would be the chances of getting PR.

  • Adedeji Taofeek January 4, 2018, 7:15 am |

    Hello Bob, am Adedeji Taofeek from Nigeria. Pls I want to come to Australia but I dont have money to sponsor my self, if their is any way you can help me to invite me . When I come there am ready to serve you for a year with solid aggrement. Thanks. Waiting for your reply.

    • BobinOz January 4, 2018, 9:00 pm |

      I can’t invite you even if I wanted to, it doesn’t work like that. The government handout the visas and the criteria is set by them. I can’t help you.

      • Adedeji Taofeek Adebowale January 4, 2018, 11:36 pm |

        Hello Bob,I av received your message.But, what kind of assistant can you help me .pls I beg you.

      • Adedeji Taofeek Adebowale January 4, 2018, 11:40 pm |

        Hello Bob,I av received your message.But, what kind of assistant can you help me .pls I beg you.bcos I want to come to Australia.more so, I don’t want to fall into 419. Or if there is any package on ground pls help me.and also, can u pls give me your phone number.this is my phone number, +2347065879830.Thanks.

  • Iain January 4, 2018, 7:14 am |

    Hi Bob,
    I am married with 2 children (3 and 1). I myself am 33 and my wife is 35. Presently she does not work as she looks after the children. She is formerly a assistant store manager at a supermarket of 5 years and before that was a race horse trainer in Ireland. I am an electrician of 15 years. We have toyed with the idea of emigrating for the last 5 years but with having children etc we have always put it on the back burner. However we feel that the time now couldn’t be better. I have read so much online but so many give different ways of beginning. What would your advice be on where to look and which order to do things. Thanks iain

    • BobinOz January 4, 2018, 8:58 pm |

      The first thing you should really do is find out if you have a chance of qualifying for a visa by speaking to a MARA registered migration agent. To find one of those, see my page about Migration agents.

  • Alfred wilson November 24, 2017, 11:30 am |

    Hi I met a lady on a online dating site we have been corresponding for some time now and I would like her to come live with me in Australia. I do intend on marrying this girl as soon as I divorce my ex after the 12 months cool down periods up .how can I get her over she lives at Amsterdam area she’s nearl finished her hair stylist and beautician courses at school looking for ways to do this

  • habeeb November 16, 2017, 7:58 am |

    hi bob i am from india i want australian pr
    how to apply
    whats the process
    am i eligible or not
    i am b tech graduate

  • dira jayadi November 13, 2017, 3:20 pm |

    i am from indonesia,a now i want going to oz,please help me

  • Ali mubasher November 13, 2017, 4:31 am |

    Hi bob
    Its ALI FROM PAKISTAN im an acca affileate and also have bachulers digree from uk. I want australian PR can u plz guide me about option avalible to me ?

  • David October 18, 2017, 8:05 pm |

    Hi Bob,

    My wife and I both live and work in the UK, I’m a financial journalist and have assets of @$800k. Will the money help me move to Australia any faster now that they’ve got rid of the sponsorship system (I had someone willing to take me on).

    • BobinOz October 19, 2017, 8:53 pm |

      No, I don’t think that will make any difference to the speed of your application, or to whether your application is accepted or declined. If you have any uncertainties about the process though, you really should speak to a MARA registered migration agent.

  • Arsalan khan October 16, 2017, 1:46 am |

    Hi .I am from Pakistan I want business visa for investment in Australiaso what’s the whole process and let me know about initial investment and visa process time.tx me….khan.arsalan8494@gmail.com

  • Chris Hermon October 8, 2017, 8:32 pm |

    I used to live in Australia for about 15 years I did my higher schooling out there and went to college there as well paid taxes when i lived there I made a silly mistake of moving back to England to help my parents as they moved back before me how can I get back out there any ideas that can help

    • BobinOz October 9, 2017, 8:21 pm |

      I would have a word with a MARA registered migration agent if I were you, they will let you know if you have any options. To find one, see Migration agents.

  • Sam October 5, 2017, 3:02 pm |

    Hey Bob, my family are divided between Canada and Australia. My parents are Australian Citizen so as my brothers and sisters who live there. My other brothers and sister are Canadian Citizen, they live in Canada. Every year I visit Australia to help my aged parents and stay with them for 4 months or 6 months. Now I’m single and never married so I’m thinking to move to Australia permanently to taking care of my aged parents. Please tell me what do I need to do. Thank you very much…

    • BobinOz October 7, 2017, 12:40 am |

      I can’t help you decide between Canada and Australia, I obviously favour Australia, that’s why I’m here. If you do decide on Australia for yourself, what you need to do is get a visa. See my page about Visas for more information about that.

      • Sam October 9, 2017, 3:17 pm |

        Hi Bob, sorry I forgot to tell you that my nationality is Canadian and lived in Canada over 26 years. My family are divided between Canada and Australia. My parents nationality are Australian so as my brothers and sisters who live there. My other brothers and sister nationality are Canadian, they live in Canada. Every year I visit Australia to help my aged parents and stay with them for 4 months or 6 months. Please tell me what do I need…
        Thank you once again, Bob!

        • BobinOz October 9, 2017, 8:41 pm |

          Well, if you’re saying you are thinking about moving to Australia, and want to know what to do, then that is simple. You need to find out if you would qualify for any kind of visa to move here on a permanent basis and the link I’ve given you already to my page about Visas will help you with that.

  • Prerana Joseph September 22, 2017, 9:22 pm |

    Hi Bob
    I am Prerana Joseph working in captial of India New Delhi as a Registered nurse. Want to move to australia. Can you pls help me how to proceed?

  • mbah chinedu September 22, 2017, 5:31 pm |

    Hi bobinoz, I am a physiotherapists with about 9 yes experience working in Nigeria. I have a sibling who has migrated to AU’s abt 10 yes ago with his family.I want to migrate to AU’s with my wife,what are options available to me?

  • HANISNEO September 17, 2017, 5:06 pm |

    Hi ..Bob
    I am Hanis from Malaysia.I am a teacher with Bachelor Degree in TESL and current doing my Master in Education. My wish is to work and stay in Australia with my family.Please advise and help me to fulfil my dream.Thank you and God Bless

  • Eusebio Varela September 8, 2017, 11:55 pm |

    Hi BobinOz

    I am glad to see that tou reply to the comments. That’s why I am writing. I studied Maester of Education in Australia in 2013. Now i have 12 years of Teaching experience in Africa. I have also been a school Principal. Do you think I qualify for skilled visa emigrant to Australia.

    • BobinOz September 11, 2017, 6:39 pm |

      Yes, I try to reply to all comments, but I specifically do not answer questions about visas and eligibility. You would need to speak to a MARA registered migration agent about that. Please read the two important notices at the foot of the above article.

  • Priyam Biswas August 31, 2017, 1:46 am |

    Hi Bob

    I’m an MBBS from India and intend to make a permanent living in Australia.My elder brother is a permanent resident there..Can you please suggest me how can I do so?..I’d also like to know,if a post graduate degree from India will give me an edge to get a job out there?

  • Shoaib August 17, 2017, 7:47 pm |

    Hi Bob
    A very good day
    May I have your WhatsApp number/Email please
    I’m waiting your response

    • BobinOz August 18, 2017, 1:41 pm |

      Well, I don’t have a WhatsApp and I prefer to answer questions in the comments whenever I can help, rather than by private email. So if you have a question, bearing in mind that some questions I can’t answer (see the important notices above), please ask it here.

  • chhoeku August 6, 2017, 3:25 am |

    Plz bobinoz take me to Australia

  • Kalai July 22, 2017, 4:17 am |

    Hi I completed ME with 2 years experience I want to get PR in Australia I have a plan to do again my master in Australia . Is that easy way to get PR in Australia?

  • Ravinder July 8, 2017, 1:34 am |

    Hey friend,

    I am an international student in Canada studying in Sheridan College Brampton, Ontario. My program will complete in August 2018. But I want to leave Canada and move to Australia. Is there any simplest and easiest way to move to Australia and settle down there. I have Indian Passport. Can you help me out if you know any way?

  • Vikram Arora July 4, 2017, 4:06 am |

    Hi bob i am a computer teacher in india want to move in australia. But teaching rules have changed now. I am good at computers can you arrange computer operating job for me as i wanted to shift there permanently.

    • BobinOz July 4, 2017, 11:48 pm |

      No, I can’t, mainly because I don’t work in recruitment, but also because it just doesn’t work like that.

  • nia June 30, 2017, 1:35 am |

    Hello Bob,
    My husband got a job in Perth AU ,the salary is around $135,000 p.a and they are applying for our pr. My questions are
    1)Is it good enough for a family of 3-4?
    2)If the company applies for PR what is the chance of it getting approved?I was in USA for long time but could not get GC as it was pretty hard.
    Thanks a tn ,

    • BobinOz July 2, 2017, 6:59 pm |

      $135k is a very good salary, your family should be quite comfortable on that amount. Many people get by on much less. I can’t help you with your second question though, only the immigration department can answer that one.

      Good luck, Bob

  • Krista Manning June 27, 2017, 5:20 am |

    Hi Bob,
    We recently received our 189 visas and will be visiting Australia in August to activate them. Do you know if we need an ETA visitor visa along with the 189 visa to enter the country? I think it would be odd to be required to have both but I don’t want to risk having any issues activating the visas when we arrive there.
    The skills assessment process through your website and the MARA agent you connected us with is how we got started working on our dream of living in Australia. Thanks again for offering such a great resource! It really was the best $100 we could’ve spent. Amazing value for what we got out of it.

    • BobinOz June 27, 2017, 5:42 pm |

      Hi Krista

      Yes, my MARA agent does do a great job, I’m very lucky to have him working with me. And you are right, it would be a bit weird if you needed a visitor visa to validate your 189, and you don’t. All you need to do is turn up with your passport to validate your visa.

      Good luck with all your plans, I hope it all works out. Cheers, Bob

      • Krista Manning June 30, 2017, 10:54 am |

        Thanks so much Bob!

  • Daniel Francis June 25, 2017, 9:08 pm |

    Hi Bob, I’m an Australian citizen living in the U.K., I am married to a British citizen, we want to move to aus, not sure how to go about without spending the earth on visas etc. We were told you go to aus on a certain holiday/ tourist visa then apply for PR once on Australia soil??? Is this true and which visa do we need to go for? My wife has a 14 year old son that wants to come with us too. Thanks in advance for any advise?
    Cheers mate, Daniel

    • BobinOz June 26, 2017, 8:34 pm |

      It doesn’t sound to me and so the advice you’ve been given came from a MARA registered migration agent, and that’s who you need to speak to to find out the best way to approach this.

      As far as I’m aware, there is no way you can do this without paying the appropriate and applicable visa fee, there are no shortcuts, there are no cheaper ways of doing it. I can’t advise you, only MARA registered agents can do that, to find one see my page about Migration agents.

  • Pratik Parajuli June 18, 2017, 9:27 pm |

    i am currently studying high school. i am in grade 10. how would i get residency of australia?

  • Damanpreet Singh May 22, 2017, 10:53 pm |

    Hi Bob
    Ive studied Australia actually done diploma mechanic.
    Give me bit more guide to apply pr from India actually now in India.

    I have two years experience here in mechanic.
    Before did not think to go back but now here is impossible .

    Dee Ludhiana

  • Jon samuels May 21, 2017, 9:35 pm |

    Hi Bob.I’m a doctor in Nigeria. How do I get a place to work or for postgraduate residency training in Australia . thank you

    • BobinOz May 22, 2017, 6:41 pm |

      It’s very complicated and I am not knowledgeable enough to guide you on this, but the links on my page Doctors in Australia will help you research it.

      • Jon samuels May 23, 2017, 2:48 am |

        Thanks a million Bob. Good job you’re doing.

  • Dan April 13, 2017, 1:28 am |

    Hi Bob,

    You’ve answered one of my previous questions in regards to visa’s and time frames very well – thank you very much!

    My follow up is in regards to the WHV.

    I am currently 29 and will be turning 30 in Jan 2018. Let’s say I am approved for this type of Visa and travel to Australia in November of next year while 30 and plan on working for 6 months (until April 2019) which at that time I will be 31. Is the Visa void at the time I turn 31 (meaning I could only work and holiday Nov-Jan) or will it be honored as I applied and was approved while 30 years old?

    I hope I explained that clearly.

    Thanks again for your help!

    • BobinOz April 13, 2017, 9:09 pm |

      No, they will not void it, you will get the full 12 months. They will not chuck you out of the country when you hit 31. My understanding is you can apply for this kind of visa when you are 30 years of age, you cannot apply for it once you have hit 31. That is the restriction.

      Once your visa is granted though, I’m sure it will have a date on it by which you must enter Australia and I don’t know what that date might be. This is a tricky area for me as I don’t know all of the rules and I’m not allowed to advise. If you are unsure, speak to the immigration department or talk to a MARA registered migration agent.

      Good luck, Bob

    • Lisa June 12, 2017, 5:50 pm |

      I’m looking to move to Australia with my two children aged 7 and 10 since separating from my husband
      We applied 8-9 years ago and we were going on my hairdressing skills
      Should I contact that company again and say for just me and my children to go because the complications were my husbands record but whereas he isn’t coming now
      Just wondering what I need to do next
      I already have my only sister there who is an Australian citizen now and her family they emigrated 11 years ago
      I hope you can help
      My husband is ok with it for a better life for my children
      Many thanks

      • BobinOz June 13, 2017, 8:45 pm |

        A lot of things have changed in the last eight or nine years, so I think you will have to start from scratch with this one. By all means contact that company again, but I’d be shocked if they were still looking to sponsor hairdressers. I’m not even sure if hairdressers is still on the list, but you would need to speak to a MARA registered migration agent about that or check the lists, see Getting a Job or a Sponsorship.

        Good luck though, I hope you get here as I’m sure it would be a better life for your kids.

  • Rance A. Nethken March 19, 2017, 1:40 am |

    Hi Bob: I am retired USAF, and Federal Service, or about 35 years of total service. I want to move to Australia, but there issues I do not understand. I serviced the Joint Defence Facility Pine Gap numerous times flying special missions. I became quite enamored with Alice Springs and now that I am fully retired I was wanting to apply for permanent residency.
    The issue is the Investment Program that is confusing. All I want is to be able to acquire entry, establish permanency and become a lawful citizen eventually! I’m educated, have experiences in aerospace industries in the US as well as law enforcement, but at my age I would prefer to just enjoy life. I am self-sustained, single and believe it would be a wonderful place to live! My resume is quite extensive! What advice to you suggest. I currently live in Payson, Arizona USA.
    Thank you!

  • Andre Taylor March 8, 2017, 1:05 am |

    I want to see if it is possible for me to move to Australia and what the implications are for my application- I’m a qualified electrician and my wife is a qualified teacher and our kids are very good at sport. I believe we will add value to the country. I don’t know where to begin.

    • BobinOz March 8, 2017, 11:39 pm |

      If you’re struggling for where to start, get a MARA registered migration agent. See my page about Migration agents.

  • K. Ontora February 22, 2017, 5:40 am |

    The Investor Retirement is no longer supported.

    • BobinOz February 27, 2017, 8:30 pm |

      Yes, I heard that as well, that’s why I added the update along with that link so people can get the up-to-date information. I didn’t want to remove it though, just in case they bring it back.

      • K. Ontora March 7, 2017, 2:47 am |

        If you adda note to your main article, what would be great.

        • BobinOz March 7, 2017, 8:25 pm |

          The update is there, it was before you added your first comment, not sure why you can’t see it?

  • Arimaha prisca February 18, 2017, 9:58 pm |

    My name is prisca arimaha am writing frm Nigeria , pls what steps do I need to take if I want to migrate to Australia

  • shahbaz Ahmed February 4, 2017, 3:43 pm |

    Hi Sir,
    Good Day
    I am from Pakistan and currently working in UAE as a Accountant. I complet the Master degree in Business Administration in Pakistan.
    I got 3 months visit visa of Australia in UAE. Now i want to get the long stay in Australia during visit visa then want to get the PR.
    Is it possible to get the long stay during visiHi Sir,
    Good Day
    I am from Pakistan and currently working in UAE as a Accountant. I complet the Master degree in Business Administration in Pakistan.
    I got 3 months visit visa of Australia in UAE. Now i want to get the long stay in Australia during visit visa then want to get the PR. t visa and then for PR ?
    What step i will take for stay ?
    please reply me as soon as possible

  • Glyn smalley February 3, 2017, 3:21 pm |

    I got a girlfriend in the Philippines i want to marry her how do i get her here sooner what visa would she aply for

  • Aram January 29, 2017, 12:03 pm |

    Hi my name is aram odisho living in Canada , I want to emigrate with my family to Australian.
    We ara five persons.Joseph Ramsen and Simon, my wife she’s hair dressers and I am warking as logistics transportation. (Delivery)
    I also Wark as aluminum doors and windows for housing and buildings.
    Aram ODISHO

  • Talal January 23, 2017, 3:01 am |

    I am Syrian and look forward to immigrate to Australia , I have 15 years experience in auto spare parts and heavy equipment. I wan to find a sponsorship. Is it possible and how?

    • Parveen January 24, 2017, 9:56 pm |

      Hlo m parveen from india…i want to go to australia for PR.how can its possible???i do my study m.com…..pls give me way to get australia visa..thanku

  • Joe January 13, 2017, 7:14 pm |

    Apologies if this has been answered many times but I haven’t been able to find the answer despite a fair bit of googling.
    My question is do you still need points if you are emigrating on an employer sponsored visa?

    • Mark January 13, 2017, 8:09 pm |

      I was told if you do it this way you get to skip the points score you need other things like the employer needs to convince the Australian government your needed and your talents cannot be found homegrown.

  • Laura January 10, 2017, 9:40 pm |

    Hello, I’m a 17 years old girl from Spain and I’m looking for ways to go and do year 12 in Australia. I would want to also get an australian high school diploma so I can study in university in the country as well. What type of visa would be best?

    • Umer January 19, 2017, 7:45 am |

      Hello Laura,
      If you want study in Australia, the best and easiest way getting Australian visa, apply as student. Get admission in any institute of Australia.
      The major things, fulfil all the immigration requirements.

  • Rod January 5, 2017, 4:09 pm |

    Just wanted to mention there’s a 7th way. That is to be married to an Aussie citizen and apply for a partner visa.

    • BobinOz January 5, 2017, 11:08 pm |

      Very true. That is most definitely another way Rod, and there are loads more. From what I have heard, there are something like 130 different types of visa which will allow you to come to Australia. I couldn’t possibly list them all, so I just went for six of (possibly) the most common.

      It’s a complex business, that’s why it’s often best to speak to a MARA registered migration agent. Cheers, Bob

      • Jim Erwin March 23, 2017, 3:12 am |

        Those MARA agents

        I assume they come at a cost

        I need someone to pleaSe look at our current situation deemed a bit of an expert , and give me and my wife advise

        • Mark March 23, 2017, 2:39 pm |

          Yes you assume correct but they are good at negotiating the minefield that is visa’s and mess folks get in Some look at’s are free depends on your particular situation.

  • Ali Reza December 24, 2016, 6:56 pm |

    I want to do my best to become one of the billioners of Australia , not only I help my self for better development even be a useful person for the country I live in !

  • Jonathon December 21, 2016, 6:38 am |

    Hi Bob,
    How are you doing? I’m from America and I plan to move to Australia to be with my girlfriend and work there as well. I’m going to college, working towards a Bachelor Degree in Criminal Justice and would love to work in law enforcement or as high as the governmental branch of Australia. What would be the best way to move there and what visa would be best for me. I plan on obtaining permanent residency in Australia. Thank you so much.

  • navneet prasad December 14, 2016, 10:41 am |

    hi I’m from fiji n Wana work in Australia as I’ve been to Sydney n stayed for 3 week’s

Cancel reply

Leave a Comment

If your comment doesn’t get answered, find out why…..
FAQs and Comment Policy.