How to Get a Student Visa for Australia

I love living in Australia, it’s a fantastic country with great weather, plenty of outdoor activities and things to do which, for the most part, are free.

Going to the beach is free, of course, and so is using one of the communal barbecues that you’ll find there and in many of our parks and picnic areas. It is probably for these very same reasons that Australia is such a great place to come to as a student to study.

For those of you wanting to come here from abroad to study though, unfortunately, your education in Australia would almost certainly not be free. International students do have to pay for their education, but if you can do that, Australia is a great place to come and learn.

studyingStudying in Australia

So, how would you go about studying in Australia? And why would you want to?

Australia is one of the world’s most popular destinations for those wishing to study abroad, and for good reason. Australia is certainly a multicultural society and itself is full of immigrants from all over the world. Many came here as students themselves and ended up staying. That is not the main reason why the Australian Government have focused on building such a comprehensive network of student courses in this country, but it certainly is one of the by-products.

The primary reason to come here as a student would be to study and gain qualifications that are recognised around the world, but for those hoping to ultimately live here permanently, studying here will do that objective no harm.

Australia operates a points system for those wishing to move here on a more permanent basis, and currently 60 points is enough to put together an application. Points are awarded mainly for age, qualifications, experience and English language skills, and those who work and study here for at least two years will get an additional 15 points, maybe double that depending on the course.

Students can also work up to a maximum of 40 hours per fortnight while studying here, or full-time during the long holiday breaks. This means you will be also be gaining valuable Australian work experience as well as qualifications. Along with those extra points, it is possible that studying in Australia could open up more permanent working visa options for you.

Visa Assessment

Those who are aware of my Visa Assessment Service will know that these assessments are performed by a professional MARA registered migration agent. You may be interested to know that one of my former agents, Miki, came here over 10 years ago on a student visa and he, himself, is now not only a Permanent Resident, but an Australian citizen.

Miki has introduced me to an associate of his by the name of Peter who he has been working with for some time. Peter’s company has been established for many years and has a staff of professionals from many nationalities who pride themselves on offering the best service to help YOU with your education and life in Australia.

Their service is free and by completing a simple one-page Student Assessment Form, you can begin to look into how you can study in Australia. Do be aware though that although this service is free, studying in Australia for foreign students is not. The cost of studying here in Australia varies significantly from course to course and again, as part of this free service, you will be given guidance on how best to utilise your budget.

The Student Assessment Form

Once you have completed the form, simply fax it or scan it and email it, all contact details are given at the bottom of the form. If it is easier, you are more than welcome to telephone your details across; the telephone number is also on the form.

Peter and his team will then set about the task of finding the right school, university college or TAFE course to suit your career goals and the qualifications you seek to achieve. There are hundreds of schools and colleges and over 40 universities to choose from in Australia and New Zealand, and they have the knowledge to help you find the best one for you, based on your needs.

Maybe you want to study English or engineering; perhaps you want to go to Australia or New Zealand; you might be looking for a short course or a long-term university course; whatever you are looking for, you will receive objective and unbiased advice from an experienced team who specialise in student education down under.

So, if you want to find out more with no obligation whatsoever, please enter your name and email address below and you will receive an automatic response by email within a few minutes. The title of that email will be “Confirm your subscription for Student Visa information“; you need to open the email and click the clickable link within the text. You will then be redirected automatically to the download page for the Student Assessment Form.

Your name and email is required so we can send the form to you. You will not be contacted by anybody until you return the form to us, and we will not use your details for any other purpose. Please enter your name and email here…


We respect your email privacy

Email Marketing by AWeber

Please note: if you have not received this email within five minutes or so, please check your spam or junk folders, some email clients, particularly Gmail, Hotmail and Yahoo mail tend to place these messages in the wrong box.

Any problems, you are more than welcome to contact me directly.

Many thanks


Visa Assessment Service
{ 135 comments… add one }
  • Arfin Syed May 7, 2020, 11:38 pm |

    Hi, Bob. I currently study Bachelor of Engineering in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET) , which one of the prestigious colleges in my country . I have a high ambition to pursue an MSEngg. degree from any G8 university of Australia . It would be kind if you notify me about the scholarship programs in Oz and the possibility of earning a Scholarship . FYI my IELTS score is 8 and would sit for GRE soon . Kindly inform me if Aussie Colleges Accept GRE for Engineering Programs .

  • Jagrati Shukla October 28, 2019, 3:16 pm |

    Hi Bob,

    I am 38 year old. I got an offer to study Masters in Rehabilitation Counselling from University of Sydney. Is it the right age to move and study in Australia for future prospects and employment.

    • BobinOz October 28, 2019, 6:01 pm |

      Well, if it helps, my wife went to university nearly 3 years ago now to study to be a teacher. Between you and I, she is 50+, and it worked out just fine for her and she did get a job.

      So it could work out for you, but I have no idea what kind of job opportunities there will be for you when you have qualified, but my page Getting a Job or a Sponsorship will help you research it.

  • Reza March 22, 2018, 5:01 pm |

    I am reza…. can i post some query on student visa here?

    • BobinOz March 22, 2018, 8:17 pm |

      You can, but there are no guarantees either I or anyone else will be able to answer it. For example, I do not answer any questions about eligibility for visas or which type of visa is best.

  • Jasmine July 14, 2017, 8:13 am |

    Hi, please I sponsorship to Astralia for my study I’m jasmine and 15, I live with my aunty she really maltreat because my patent don’t really have power to sponsor my education so my mum took me to her house to stay with her so she takes me as her slave
    Please and please help me am really suffering here
    Am waiting for your reply please and please help me

    • BobinOz July 14, 2017, 7:47 pm |

      Jasmine, I so wish I could help you, but I can’t. It’s very complicated how it works, but as far as I’m aware you don’t get sponsored to get educated here, you have to pay for it. International students who come to Australia for thei education pay a lot of money each year to do that. It is not free.

      Do you have an adult you can trust who you can talk to about the treatment you are getting from your auntie? That would probably be the best way to go to try and put an end to your suffering. Good luck, Bob

Leave a Comment

If your comment doesn’t get answered, find out why…..
FAQs and Comment Policy.