Visa Assessment Service

How to Get Your Own Personal and Professional Visa Assessment.

visa stampIf I had a penny for every time somebody asked me if they would qualify for a visa to live in Australia, I would have £17.58 by now.

But seriously, it is the most commonly asked question here on this website and it is not just very difficult to answer, but almost impossible.


If you really want to know the answer to that one, read my page called “Would I Qualify”, but if you would rather know how you can find out if YOU might qualify, read on.

The only people who can truly tell you if you qualify are those that work for the Department of Immigration & Border Control (DIBP) after receiving your completed application. But there are professionals who are skilled in assessing your chances of success in getting a visa for Australia and can also, if you require, assist you throughout the entire process.

MARA Registered Migration Agents.

If you don’t know what one of these is, check out my page about Choosing a MARA Registered Migration Agent.

Simon Earles MARA AgentI am thrilled to announce that I have secured the services of Simon Earles, founder and principal of Signet Consulting & Migration here in Brisbane. Simon is a very experienced MARA registered migration agent, having held his licence since 2002; his MARA registration number is 0214055.

Simon is a member of the Migration Institute of Australia (MIA). He was also the Vice-President of their Queensland and Northern Territory branch for four years between 2011 and 2015, a position he held for two consecutive terms.

The MIA is the professional association for Australian migration service providers and with Simon being such a high-profile member, he is clearly very proactive in much of what they do. This is reflected in his overall knowledge within the industry.

Simon has also trained and has practised as a lawyer, but currently practises exclusively as a MARA registered migration agent.

Simon is, therefore, an authority figure amongst MARA agents who has vast experience and has helped many many people realise their dream of moving to Australia. I am very proud and privileged to have him working with me here.

I have chosen to work with Simon going forward primarily for his excellent communication skills as well as his obvious and impressive knowledge on migration, his valuable contacts within the industry and his dedication to providing top quality assistance for those looking to move to Australia.

If you wish to read more about Simon Earles, I have further details towards the end of this page, but what can he do to help you?

The Visa Assessment Service:

I have been offering my Visa Assessment Service from this page since February 2012 and I believe this service offers the best way to find out what your chances are of moving to Australia. Other migration agencies may offer a ‘free consultation’ or a ‘free points assessment’ but neither of these can comprehensively answer the question “Would I qualify?”

In order to fully assess your chances of lodging a successful visa, a MARA registered migration agent would need to consider ALL of your relevant information in respect of your age, education, skills, background, family, command of the English language, medical history, your character and more.

It is for that reason that we offer the Visa Assessment Service; you provide my agent with ALL of that information, he provides you with an accurate written assessment.

How it works:

After purchasing your Visa Assessment you will be automatically redirected to a page where you can download the form you require. As an additional backup you will also be sent an email which includes a link to that same page.

From there you will be able to download a six page interactive PDF, called a Client Information Questionnaire (CIQ) which you can complete at your own leisure.

After returning your completed form as instructed, my MARA registered migration agent will provide you with:

  • A full written and signed Visa Assessment report within 5 – 7 working days* of receipt of all information (CIQ and any follow-up information requested) detailing precisely which options you might have;
  • The selection of ANZSCO occupation(s) that should be applicable to you based on the information you provide along with their availability on the various skills lists;
  • The points you currently have and any additional points you may have the potential to achieve;
  • Details of the options that may be available to you and the suggested recommended option best suited to you or…
  • If there are no options for you, an explanation why along with suggestions on what you can do to improve your chances in the future;
  • A breakdown of professional fees and governmental charges applicable for your recommended visa option for those in a position to proceed further.
  • An opportunity to follow up on the information provided to clarify any issues raised by the assessment;
  • A credit of your Visa Assessment Service fee added back to your account should you decide to use my MARA agent to represent you in full for your application.
  • Business visas: If your best option appears to be the business visa, this will be suggested in your report. To actually see if you qualify for a business visa though does require an in-depth look at your business achievements and latest accounts. Should you decide to pursue this option, additional fees will apply for this service.

*Please note: if your CIQ is returned whilst my agent is on holiday, or during extended holiday periods such as Easter and Christmas, or during a very busy period, there may be a delay to the usual 5 – 7 working days return. My agent will acknowledge receipt of your email though and at the same time confirm how long he anticipates it will take to return your completed assessment report.

This assessment covers all types of visa categories including independent, sponsored, temporary or permanent as well as family, partner and business visas. Please be aware then, that if one or more of the above covered points are not relevant to your application, they will not be covered in your Visa Assessment.

For example, if your visa option is not points based, or reliant on ANZSCO occupations, then clearly these will not be covered, but instead you will be informed of the requirements for, say, a de facto relationship application or perhaps a successful business visa lodgement or whatever is applicable to your circumstances.

Both Simon and I feel this is the most cost-effective and efficient way for you to find out exactly what your real options are with regards to moving to Australia.

The cost

The alternative is to try one of those ‘free services’ I mentioned earlier, but don’t be surprised if the free part goes very well and you are invited to have your profile reviewed in more detail. It is at that point that you will be expected to pay; one of the services I trialled requested $599 to take it further.

There is also a comment somewhere on this website from a reader who researched the UK market for MARA registered migration agents and narrowed it down to the two he thought were best; both gave ‘free assessments’ but to take it further one charged £95 for a ‘full appraisal’ and the other £250 plus VAT to ‘produce a report’.

If you know the exchange rate of AUD to GBP you will know what good value this Visa Assessment is.

This service provides a very thorough and accurate answer to the question “Would I qualify?”

My Visa Assessment Service, which Simon also sells directly from his website for $150, is available to readers of this website at a substantial discount.

The cost for your assessment here is just…..$100 AUD.

Please click on the “Buy Now” button below…


…to get started immediately.


Pay with PayPal or by credit card.

All payments are in Australia dollars (AUD) and processed securely through PayPal, but you do not need to have a PayPal account in order to purchase your assessment. To pay by credit card just look for the “Pay with a credit or debit card” link on the PayPal login page.

Pay with credit cardIf you pay using your PayPal account, you will be automatically redirected to the download page for the form you require. Do not navigate away from PayPal or close your browser.

If you pay by credit card this does not trigger the redirect, but this isn’t overly important as an e-mail will automatically be sent to all purchasers with download details whether you pay through your PayPal account or by credit card. This email should arrive in your inbox within five minutes of the transaction, if you can’t see it please check your spam or junk folders.

About your download and purchase:

  • Please contact me if you are unable to download the documentation or if, for some reason, you are not redirected to the download page AND you do not receive your automated email in your inbox or any of your spam or junk folders. I will then send you the documentation direct.
  • Please also note that this PDF document is a dynamic PDF and does not work with iPad.
  • The $100 AUD fee will be credited to your account should you decide to use my MARA agent to lodge your application.


I truly believe you will not get better value than this anywhere. Here’s a bit more about Simon Earles…

More about Simon Earles:

Simon Earles is founder and principal of Signet Consulting & Migration, a migration agency based in Brisbane. Simon is an experienced MARA registered migration agent, MARA no 0214055 and has been registered since 2002.

He was the Vice-President of the Migration Institute of Australia (MIA) (Qld and NT Branch) for four years between 2011 and 2015, a position he held for two consecutive terms. . The MIA is the migration advice industry’s peak body. He has trained and has practised as a lawyer, but is currently practises exclusively as a registered migration agent. He is married with two daughters and lives in Brisbane, Queensland.

Prior to that he lived and worked in Hong Kong with his family for almost 14 years in the capacity of a commercial lawyer working for the British Hong Kong Government and after the handover in 1997, with the Hong Kong SAR government. He has dual Australian/ British citizenship.

As a registered migration agent he is obliged to keep up-to-date with industry developments and legislative amendments for the benefit of his clients. He is also required to obtain a required number of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points every year to renew his migration agent’s registration.

As a further protection to his clients, as a registered migration agent Simon is bound by the MARA Code of Conduct. (The Code).The Code sets out best practice when assisting and providing migration advice to clients and it places a clear responsibility on MARA registered agents to act in the best interests of their clients.

Simon Earles: Qualifications

  • Bachelor of Laws (LL.B)
  • Graduate Diploma in Professional Management
  • Migration Agents Registration Number (MARN) 0214055
  • Registered since September 2003
  • Commissioner for Declarations

Book Your Visa Assessment Now…

Normally $150, but just $100 to BobinOz readers, credited to your account if you then go on to lodge your visa through Simon…


It's good to share...Share on Facebook28Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Google+6Share on Reddit0Pin on Pinterest1Share on StumbleUpon0
Open a bank account in Australia
{ 1600 comments… add one }
  • Felistas March 26, 2017, 3:09 pm | Link

    Hi Bob,

    I trust you are keeping well. I decided i want to move to Australia and started to research on it. That is how I came upon your blog. I must say it is a Godsend because it is so detailed, i have gained a lot of insights from you. I have 15years experience working in a Bank on different roles. Now want to use your visa assessment service to see what my chances are. when I click on the ‘but now’ it opens the page to pay but only through PayPal, no option for credit card and this is my problem. i do not wish to use PayPal. please help. Otherwise thank you for the good work, keep it up!!

    • BobinOz March 27, 2017, 8:18 pm | Link

      Thanks, glad you have found my information useful.

      You should be able to pay via credit card without problems, but it does still go through PayPal. You do not need a PayPal account though, PayPal simply acts as the processing gateway.

      Look for the link to click on on the PayPal page that allows you to pay by credit card, there is a picture of it towards the bottom of the above page with a red line drawn around it.

      • Felistas March 28, 2017, 3:01 am | Link

        Thank you i will check it out again.

  • Faye March 23, 2017, 8:15 pm | Link

    Hi Bob

    We are looking at moving to Australia and finding the array of options confusing! My husband was born in Scotland to Australian parents, raised in Australia and then his folks emigrated back to the UK with him. Last year he applied for and got dual citizenship so he now has his Australian citizenship back. We think this means we should be able to get into Australia to live and work quite straightforwardly but we had hoped that I could find a job first so that we’re making less of a leap into the dark. He’s 46 and I’ll be 38 this year so I believe we are still young enough to get in. Really – I’m looking to see how I go about getting a work visa – I keep seeing jobs advertised that allow people with a working visa to apply but I don’t know how I get one and trying to find out has left me confused! Any suggestions/pointers would be gratefully received!

    • BobinOz March 24, 2017, 6:24 pm | Link

      Yes, it is complicated, that’s why it is always best to use a MARA registered migration agent if you’re not sure how to proceed and that’s who you need to speak to. If you want my MARA agent to assess your chances, please follow the instructions on this page. Good luck, Bob

  • Sami March 23, 2017, 6:34 am | Link

    Hi Bob I have messaged you previously and had some advice from you which was very helpful we are looking to move to Australia we have them and we are like in the area Morayfield in Queensland . My husband and I have done the online points assessment (the free one ) and with this my husband passes this doesn’t even include my trade . We are struggling on what to do next obviously we need to get the visas I’m not sure what type of visa we would need and where do we apply for one? We are wanting to get this up and running as soon as we can. I appreciate your help and advice looking forward to hearing from you.

    • BobinOz March 23, 2017, 9:29 pm | Link

      Yes, that’s the problem with free assessments, they only tell you whether you might possibly qualify or whether you might not. Nothing is concrete and if you do apparently qualify, there is no indication of what to do next or what visa you should go for.

      On the other hand, the visa assessment I offer here through my MARA agent will give you those answers and much more. If you want to get it up and running, I’d go through this assessment first if I were you and then if you like the price quoted by my MARA agent to act on your behalf, and I’m sure you will, then let him get on with it.

      Good luck, Bob

      • Sami March 24, 2017, 5:16 am | Link

        Sounds good if you could pass me the details over as we are really interested in doing this and getting the ball rolling that would help. Thank you so much for your fast response as well

        • BobinOz March 24, 2017, 6:46 pm | Link

          All the details are here Sami, please read the page above in full and follow the instructions to proceed.

      • Sami March 26, 2017, 6:26 pm | Link

        Hi bob,

        can you please send us the details for the visas As we are wanting to get the ball rolling asap thanks

        • BobinOz March 27, 2017, 8:27 pm | Link

          This is getting a little frustrating for me now Sami, I’m not sure why you’re having so much trouble understanding this. My agent cannot help you unless you follow the procedure as detailed in the page above.

          If you are not able to do that, then you will need to find somebody else to assist you.

  • Linda fisher March 15, 2017, 3:52 pm | Link

    Im in Australia on a 12 month visitor visa which expires in january. My partner is a permanent resident for 46 years…and in full time employment.. aged 62. Im retired and 61. We plan to marry shortly. Whats the best thing to do now? Thankyou.

    • BobinOz March 15, 2017, 5:45 pm | Link

      The best thing to do now would be to speak to a MARA registered migration agent about your situation. They are the professionals and the only people who are legally allowed to assist.

      If you do not want to do that, then you can prepare your application yourself, but you will need to do plenty of research. You can start that by watching the video on my page about Visas.

  • Lianne March 8, 2017, 4:27 am | Link

    Hi bob
    Myself,partner an 3 children aged 16,13 and 8 are wanting to start the whole process of moving to Australia we have been looking into many parts of this…but am confused as to where to actually start….ie visas…I’ve also seen alot regarding sponsor for work…do you look for a sponsor once you’ve been granted visas (if lucky enough of course)…please help

  • Natalie March 7, 2017, 12:51 am | Link

    Hi Bob,
    Firstly, thank you so much for a brilliant and very informative website! Myself and my partner have been contemplating ‘the move down under’ for a couple of years now. My partner has just this morning purchased your visa assessments service so we can get things moving. I haven’t been able to find out too much about the process of buying a house in Australia. Would you or anyone one else here be able to give us a bit more of an insight? If we qualify to emigrate to Australia would we be able to buy a house as soon as we arrive or is it a little more complicated than that? We’d have a deposit of about £130k. We haven’t yet decided if we’d sell our property in the UK or rent it out until we’re more settled in Oz but would just like a bit of guidance. Thanks. Natalie.

    • Mark March 7, 2017, 6:45 am | Link

      Yes you can buy a house once here is the short answer. The more complicated answer is what you need to do. Your deposit would be OK so you would likely need a mortgage, that would likely need a job of course or even two. Youd be a first time buyer here for I think all states so there is some allowance on stamp duty. We decided to sell our UK home as it would be to easy to return. plus it was not likely to appreciate in any value with the UK economy in its plight added to which the fact it had been rented may never feel like home again and its usually never looked after as well so devalued there. Grab yourself a broker here, they can get better rates than the bank offers, (that was advice I got from a senior bank exec) You can get pre approved for a mortgage and use an offset one if you can. Scan (so you can print unless you have online access) bank CC statements IDs etc from UK, may or may not need You’ll need AU ones as well You will have no credit history here…If you have an offer of a job letter and so on. Its pretty plain sailing though the buying the house can be fun or painful. Realtors here aka estate agents are somewhere on the bottom rung of the trusted people professions so no change there then. You can even buy at auction a house but these are hilarious. Have a google of Australian property auction (video) I find the funny and very very slow At ours he went going once …30 second waffle interlude ……going twice ……another garbled interlude “are we all done, are we really all done, and so on then said hold on a minute Ill be back ” now going inside to have a chat to the vendors aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh

      • BobinOz March 7, 2017, 8:19 pm | Link

        Actually, I think it’s even more complicated than that. I think it depends on what kind of visa you come to Australia on as to whether you can buy a house or not. If you have a Permanent Residency type of visa, then yes, you can buy a house. If you are on a temporary visa, like a 457, my understanding is that you would need to get permission from the Foreign Investment Review Board (FIRB).

        The best thing is to Google it for the latest information.

        So I think you might need to wait to see what kind of visa types you will be applying for and then look into whether or not you will be able to buy a house with it.

        For example, I was speaking to someone who moved here sometime around 2001 on a 457, and at that time they could only buy land and then get a builder to build the house. That’s certainly a good way from the Australian Government’s point of view to stimulate the housebuilding industry. Not sure what the rules are now, I can’t keep up with it, but as I’ve said, it’s complicated.

        If you get PR though, it’s simple, you can buy a house.

      • Natalie March 9, 2017, 8:18 am | Link

        Hi Bob and Mark,
        Thank you so much for replying to my post, it was very helpful and has certainly given me some things to think about. We’ll wait and see what happens with the Visa Assessment service and go from there I think. We’ve sent the form and relevant documents to Simon so hopefully he’ll be in touch shortly.

        I was hoping to rent for a year and then perhaps sell our house in the UK before buying in Australia. We’ll be coming over as a family of five so I want to make sure that everyone is happy and settled before we make the decision to sell our home here. Or should we just ‘bite the bullet’ as they say?! So many difficult decisions to make 😂

        Thanks Again

        • Mark March 9, 2017, 10:56 am | Link

          Yes Bob is correct a 457 visa usually means more restrictions on buying but I was assuming you are looking for a PR visa with applying to Simon. If your asking! Id bite the bullet but several factors depend…We bit the bullet because our UK house was some £450K. Renting would likely have found max 9 month rentals as not many rent those homes long term…With agent fees and maintenace out looking at say 8K prfit ion the year which I figured we woudl devalue it as things are more worn etc etc…So we sold! …
          Was planning on mortgage free here but as ever you always go for better so we have a small offset…Again it was making it too easy to return to UK if we kept the house and ask yourselves this if you rented your house for 12 months would you live in it if you did return or would you want something else?… Could it be your home again? ….Have you decided where you are heading to here yet?

          • BobinOz March 9, 2017, 9:50 pm | Link

            I have known people move to Australia but keep the door open for returning back to the UK, and guess what? They sometimes returned to the UK. If everyone in your family knows that the door is open, then someone is going to want to go through it.

            So I’m with bite the bullet. I think the best way to move to Australia is with a determination to start a new life and make it work. That’s what I think anyway, for what it’s worth.

  • Mahfuza March 5, 2017, 3:55 pm | Link

    Hello Bob,

    I’m Mahfuza, willing to start for Australian Migration process through your designated agent. I’m a Canadian PR and my husband is a Citizen here, we have 3 toddler children. I have a Bachelor Degree with 5 years work experience. My brother is an Australian PR and I therefore wish to migrate to Melbounre Australia to him. I would like to know how would I begin the process with your agents and would there be prospect for me to pursue this service. Thanks


    • BobinOz March 7, 2017, 7:19 pm | Link

      Yes, the process is fully explained above. Please follow it if you would like to use my agent.

  • Narinder March 2, 2017, 4:32 am | Link

    I need a job because Indian govt. Cannot give the job so plz i requested to Bob sir plz issue the sponsorship
    I hope u accept my request…
    Thanks ..

  • Gaurav Jhingan February 23, 2017, 11:00 pm | Link

    Hi Simon, I am from India. I want to migrate to Australia (Adelaide) particularly. Request you to please let me know the procedure for the same. I am confused about the procedure to be followed, as I do not have any registered Migration Agent with me to help me understand about migration to Australia.
    Regards, Gaurav.

    • Mark February 24, 2017, 3:47 am | Link

      If you read above it explains how to use the visa assessment service then click on the buy now button complete the form and I am sure he will be back to you soon

  • Dustin Johnson February 20, 2017, 2:32 pm | Link

    This is slightly off topic, but do you know if there is a time frame on when one must move to Australia after a skilled 189 visa has been granted? In other words, would it expire if I didn’t move over?

    • Mark February 20, 2017, 5:16 pm | Link

      On the basis of your question id say you have not got your visa yet maybe you are expecting it soon…Its likely it will come with a 1 year from the date of your police check or medical anniversary As its likely you had the police check first that could well be your date Whichever the date yes it will expire if you dont move over at some point

  • Jeanette Hankert February 18, 2017, 3:00 am | Link

    Hi. I (my husband and I) have payed the 100 USD and has started filling out the questionnaire. We would like to move to Australia and work there – so we aplayed for a skilled-visa. One of the questions is: Is this application to be sponsored by a relative or family member?
    I have an uncle and aunt in Australia. Can they be me and my family´s sponsor, and will it then be easier to get a visa? Or does the question mean something else?
    Thanks. Jeanette.

  • Diego a posada tobon February 17, 2017, 2:57 am | Link

    Hello, I want to move to Australia next year around May 2018. Should I start the assesment process now or wait? Thank-you

    • Mark February 17, 2017, 10:36 am | Link

      As soon as you can you will be lucky to have it done by May 2018

      • BobinOz February 17, 2017, 9:20 pm | Link

        Yes, agree, it can easily take a year or more to get it all sorted. The sooner you get this started, the better.

  • Dennis February 14, 2017, 11:41 pm | Link

    Hi Bob,Would it be possible to visit you in person in AU for relevant case for discussion?

    • BobinOz February 15, 2017, 8:27 pm | Link

      Hi Dennis

      Well, it’s not me that can help you, it’s my MARA agent, so there’s really not much point in visiting me. We also find that the most time efficient way of assessing a person’s options is to follow the format laid out on this page.

      If you were to go through this visa assessment as described above, then that would give my agent all the information he needs to know about you to make an assessment. If for some reason after that, both he and yourself feel it is necessary to have a meeting in person, I’m sure that can be arranged, but it is always best to go through this process first.

      Hope that helps, Bob

  • Alex Youdan February 4, 2017, 5:10 am | Link

    Hi all.
    Could someone, who has filled out the visa assessment form, tell me how important it is is to inform MARA agent of previous visas. I lived in Australia for a year almost 20 years ago on a working visa (typical 18 year old activity!!) but there’s no way I can backtrack and find out visa number. Also have visited on holiday as a family. Do those visas need to be included????
    Thanks to anyone who responds.

    • Zara February 5, 2017, 3:49 am | Link

      I just need this

    • BobinOz February 5, 2017, 8:52 pm | Link

      Hi Alex

      No, you do not need to give precise details on these visits to Australia, just mention it in your covering email when you return the questionnaire. At this stage my MARA agent is simply gathering information, none of this forms part of an official application, so if my agent needs any further information from you, he will ask for it specifically.

      Just fill in the form as best you can, put any supplementary information in your accompanying email and all will be good.

      Good luck with your assessment, Bob

      • Alex Youdan February 8, 2017, 5:10 am | Link

        Many thanks Bob!

  • Taskeen Zara February 4, 2017, 1:05 am | Link

    I wanna migrare to Australia help me please or contact me

  • Adeel sarfraz January 31, 2017, 10:03 pm | Link

    Im a registered nurse

  • Daniyalhabib January 31, 2017, 7:29 pm | Link

    I have done doble mba in marketing last mba from london 2015 now i am in pakistan i want to apply australia skilled visa my age id 30

  • Thomas January 31, 2017, 4:52 am | Link

    I just came home from visiting Sydney Australia. I have been researching about moving there, your website has been a great help. I believe I would be approved for the Skilled Visa, my question for you is with the purchase assessment and results, would that include possibly helping find work? With being unsure of the differences in qualifications for jobs/skilled services between USA and Australia I would need help in that department/finding a possible company who would want to take me on as an employee.

    Thanks for your help! Looking forward to hearing from you and working with your services!


    • BobinOz January 31, 2017, 7:22 pm | Link

      Hi Thomas

      Hope you had a great time in Sydney. As for these assessments, they do not actually include any assistance in finding work, I’m afraid that is all down to you. Finding a job is not part of a MARA migration agents brief really, and any agent who suggests they will help you with this is probably just trying to win your business.

      There are people that can help though, mainly recruitment agencies and you will also find some help on my page called Current Available Job Sponsorships.

      What a MARA migration agent can do though is help you with the skills assessment if you need it and help you identify the best skill code applicable to your experience.

      Hope that helps and good luck, Bob

Leave a Comment

If your comment doesn’t get answered, find out why…..
FAQs and Comment Policy.