Before we get to my full article, here are the latest job vacancies for nurses in Australia.
Nurses Job Board
We are currently seeking a Registered Nurse to join our team in Southern Highlands, NSW. In addition to an extensive orientation and education programme, you will have the opportunity to work as...
The Nursing, Allied Health and Specialist and Support team includes. Practice Nurse, Care Plan Nurse, Onsite Pathology, Exercise Physiology. close to Rockingham General Hospital, and there is a...
You will earn 70. or. 120 an hour. PRACTICE INFORMATION. this is a privately owned, 1 GP practice. the Nursing, Allied Health and Specialist and Support team includes. Nurse, Onsite Pathology...
About the Role. An opportunity currently exists for a Psychiatric Nurse (RPN2) to work in Mental Health at St Vincent's Community Care Unit. You will provide a high standard of care in...
Fitzroy. Department. Various. Hours per Week. 16. Position Summary. Grade 2 Registered Nurses... We are seeking experienced, reliable, enthusiastic and friendly Nurses. If this is you and you want to...
The Dual Diagnosis Clinical Nurse Consultant (CNC) participates in patient care provision to Juvenile... This includes nurse educators, the Community Programs Clinician and mental health clinicians...
The position reports to the Patient Access Coordinator, and provides support and advice to the Nurse Manager Perioperative Services, Registrars, AMOs, Community Liaison CNC and other members of...
Salary will be accordance with NSW Health State Awards for the advertised classification s. Selection Criteria NSW Registered Nurse Registered Midwife with the Australian Health Practitioners...
Purpose of Position. The Registered Nurse will work in accordance with the requirements of a Registered... Selection Criteria 1) Current authority to practice as a Registered Nurse with the Australian Health...
In this unique clinic you will enjoy an excellent team atmosphere with experienced multi disciplinary support including an experienced nurse practitioner, providing health services to the local...
Nurses, doctors and dentists in Australia.
It is true to say that there is a shortage of nurses, doctors and indeed, dentists here in Australia. So how easy is it for those from the medical professions to qualify for Permanent Residency (PR) or an Employer Sponsored Workers Visa?
The popular belief is that it is very easy indeed, but you should bear in mind that there are criteria that have to be met.
- Your age.
- Your ability to speak the English language.
- Your current qualifications and the country in which you obtained them.
- Your qualifications will need to be assessed by the relevant authority here in Australia.
- Upon successful assessment, you will need to obtain registration (see more information about this further below) with one of the state or territory nursing registration boards.
- If you are a GP, you can get more help on my page How to Get a Job As a Doctor in Australia.
I have deliberately been non-specific about these criteria they are subject to change by the Australian Government. For that reason, the best source for up-to-date information is the Australian Government’s Department of Immigration & Border Control (DIBP) website, two very useful links are below.
Doctors and Nurses in Australia: Your questions answered
Click on the following links for further information…
The registration of Internationally Qualified Nurses and Midwives is handled by the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia. They have a downloadable PDF which can help you with this process. You can get this document from their page called Registration and Endorsement, but there is also a good deal more helpful information on their website, so do have a good look around.
Please see my page about job sponsorships.
More useful links:
The following posts from my blog may be of interest.
- How Does the Health Care System in Australia Work?
- Archaic Health Services in Australia? Another Visit to the Doctor
- Australia’s Bulk Billing Explained and $7 GP Fee Co-payments
- Going to the Dentist in Australia
- What It’s Really Like to Be Bitten by a Redback Spider
- The Australian Health Service: Getting an X-Ray
- Calling the Doctor’s Surgery When It’s Closed
- The Universal Law of Doctors