Before we get to my full article, here are the latest job vacancies for nurses in Australia.
Nurses Job Board
Are you looking for a job as Research Assistant - Nurse ? Currently we are searching for a Research Assistant - Nurse in Perth to work for Edith Cowan University. Being a Research Assistant - Nurse for Edith Cowan University you will be in charge of...
000 Bonus for Nurses Completing 6 week contracts in QLD. Contracts ranging from 4 12 weeks with... years' post grad experience in Australia working as a Registered Nurse, Registered Midwife or Remote...
Mental HealthWhy choose Pulse. Youll have access to a nurse led specialist team Flexibility of when and... Dependent on each contractCall us to find out more. 61 (0)2 9965 9455 Registered NursePulse Nursing...
We are currently looking for a senior Surgicalnurse to work for our client based in Bundaberg.We are currently looking for a senior registered nurse to work for our client based in Bundaberg...
Registered NurseHave you got adesire to live the island life. Are you looking for career and lifestyle... Successful applicants will be required to be the in charge nurse on shift. senior staff member and key...
MDHS is seeking an experienced Clinical NurseEducator to join the Organisational Learning & Innovation Centre on a Fixed Term Part Time basis from 6th March 2017 to 5th November 2017...
Six months. CountryQLDWe are seeking a Child & Adolescent Mental Health Clinical Nurse for a role in... or supervision. ideally we are seeking someone who has worked in a Clinical Nurse Specialist position...
Friendly and supportive team of physios, OTs, nurses and carers Locum rates upto. 40. 50 per hour... Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists as well as care staff, nurses and facilities management...
This practice has 6 consulting rooms and a 3 bed treatment room together with a separate nurses consulting room. The Skin Clinic has 2 consulting check rooms, separated by their own surgical...
Township Curtis Medical is located close to the Warrego Highway at Plainland Crossing, a new, developing estate in the heart of Plainland. Description The role is to provide compre...
Nurses, doctors and dentists in Australia.
It is true to say that there is a shortage of nurses, doctors and indeed, dentists here in Australia. So how easy is it for those from the medical professions to qualify for Permanent Residency (PR) or an Employer Sponsored Workers Visa?
The popular belief is that it is very easy indeed, but you should bear in mind that there are criteria that have to be met.
- Your age.
- Your ability to speak the English language.
- Your current qualifications and the country in which you obtained them.
- Your qualifications will need to be assessed by the relevant authority here in Australia.
- Upon successful assessment, you will need to obtain registration (see more information about this further below) with one of the state or territory nursing registration boards.
- If you are a GP, you can get more help on my page How to Get a Job As a Doctor in Australia.
I have deliberately been non-specific about these criteria they are subject to change by the Australian Government. For that reason, the best source for up-to-date information is the Australian Government’s Department of Immigration & Border Control (DIBP) website, two very useful links are below.
Doctors and Nurses in Australia: Your questions answered
Click on the following links for further information…
The registration of Internationally Qualified Nurses and Midwives is handled by the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia. They have a downloadable PDF which can help you with this process. You can get this document from their page called Registration and Endorsement, but there is also a good deal more helpful information on their website, so do have a good look around.
Please see my page about job sponsorships.
More useful links:
The following posts from my blog may be of interest.
- How Does the Health Care System in Australia Work?
- Archaic Health Services in Australia? Another Visit to the Doctor
- Australia’s Bulk Billing Explained and $7 GP Fee Co-payments
- Going to the Dentist in Australia
- What It’s Really Like to Be Bitten by a Redback Spider
- The Australian Health Service: Getting an X-Ray
- Calling the Doctor’s Surgery When It’s Closed
- The Universal Law of Doctors