Before we get to my full article, here are the latest job vacancies for nurses in Australia.
Nurses Job Board
To be bold , warm and honest in everything we do. The Role. We are looking for an experienced Community Registered Nurse and Case Manager to provide a broad range of clinical services and case...
The Role. We are looking for an experienced Registered Nurse with at a minimum of 3 years post grad experience and APHRA registration. This role is to provide a broad range of clinical services...
Our multi disciplinary team comprises of. exercise physiologists, dietitians, diabetes educators, physios, occupational therapists, nurses and midwives. Our clinical environment is driven by...
As a registered nurse with a passion for working in the residential aged care industry, this is an... To be successful in this role you will. Be registered as a registered nurse (APHRA) and be able to...
An exciting opportunity currently exists for an enthusiastic and highly experienced enrolled nurse to join our operating suite sterile supply unit. Austin operating suites have 10 theatres and 2...
Diabetes Education Nurse. to join our department. This role involves the following. To ensure that... To provide consultation and education on the management of patients with diabetes to nurses and other...
Internal Only Label Employment Status Hours per Week Position Summary Selection Criteria Contact Person Contact Number...
Hours per week). As an Assistant In Nursing you will be required to. Care for your client under the supervision and responsibility of a registered nurse (Primary Nurse). Provide your client with...
Apply as a Homecare Nurse in Ballina. Department of Social Protection Ireland is looking for a Homecare Nurse . Your duties will be ...
About the Opportunity. The Flroesco Centre is seeking passionate and experienced Social Workers, Mental Health Nurses, Clinical Psychologists, Occupational Therapists, Practice Nurses, and...
Nurses, doctors and dentists in Australia.
It is true to say that there is a shortage of nurses, doctors and indeed, dentists here in Australia. So how easy is it for those from the medical professions to qualify for Permanent Residency (PR) or an Employer Sponsored Workers Visa?
The popular belief is that it is very easy indeed, but you should bear in mind that there are criteria that have to be met.
- Your age.
- Your ability to speak the English language.
- Your current qualifications and the country in which you obtained them.
- Your qualifications will need to be assessed by the relevant authority here in Australia.
- Upon successful assessment, you will need to obtain registration (see more information about this further below) with one of the state or territory nursing registration boards.
- If you are a GP, you can get more help on my page How to Get a Job As a Doctor in Australia.
I have deliberately been non-specific about these criteria they are subject to change by the Australian Government. For that reason, the best source for up-to-date information is the Australian Government’s Department of Immigration & Border Control (DIBP) website, two very useful links are below.
Doctors and Nurses in Australia: Your questions answered
Click on the following links for further information…
The registration of Internationally Qualified Nurses and Midwives is handled by the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia. They have a downloadable PDF which can help you with this process. You can get this document from their page called Registration and Endorsement, but there is also a good deal more helpful information on their website, so do have a good look around.
Please see my page about job sponsorships.
More useful links:
The following posts from my blog may be of interest.
- How Does the Health Care System in Australia Work?
- Archaic Health Services in Australia? Another Visit to the Doctor
- Australia’s Bulk Billing Explained and $7 GP Fee Co-payments
- Going to the Dentist in Australia
- What It’s Really Like to Be Bitten by a Redback Spider
- The Australian Health Service: Getting an X-Ray
- Calling the Doctor’s Surgery When It’s Closed
- The Universal Law of Doctors