Before we get to my full article, here are the latest job vacancies for nurses in Australia.
Nurses Job Board
Apply as a Registered Nurse in Clayton. Monash Health Foundation is looking for a Registered Nurse . Your duties will be ...
This growth and exposure addresses Monash Health's need for exceptional and innovative Perioperative Nurse to join us in ensuring the smooth running of our perioperative services. As we grow the...
Position Summary. Experienced staff. Temporary full time, part time. Parental leave cover, 12months. and. Opportunity to work on very supportive environment. Are you enthusiastic, ...
Permanent Part Time positions available at 40 hours per fortnight for Registered Nurses for Geriatric... We are looking for a Registered Nurse to join our friendly team in South 6. If you are enthusiastic...
Position Summary. An opportunity for an Endorsed Enrolled Nurse exist in our aged Mental Health Acute Unit. You will be responsible for the provision of optimal levels of nursing care to...
Position Summary. Great learning environment, subacute. rehabilitation nursing working in an interdisciplinary team. Access to all Monash health education and facilities. No experi...
Don't miss a chance to stretch your abilities and progress your career goals, while helping others be the nurse they want to be...
Internal Only Label Employment Status Hours per Week Position Summary Selection Criteria Contact Person Contact Number...
Participation in research is encouraged. An active research program exists within the Department with a Head of Research and two full time research nurses. Support to attend conferences is...
Clinical hours are 0800 1700 Monday to Friday, and a Nurse on call responds to callouts, only contacting the doctor if advised by RMP on call from Darwin. The Location. Located around an hour's...
Nurses, doctors and dentists in Australia.
It is true to say that there is a shortage of nurses, doctors and indeed, dentists here in Australia. So how easy is it for those from the medical professions to qualify for Permanent Residency (PR) or an Employer Sponsored Workers Visa?
The popular belief is that it is very easy indeed, but you should bear in mind that there are criteria that have to be met.
- Your age.
- Your ability to speak the English language.
- Your current qualifications and the country in which you obtained them.
- Your qualifications will need to be assessed by the relevant authority here in Australia.
- Upon successful assessment, you will need to obtain registration (see more information about this further below) with one of the state or territory nursing registration boards.
- If you are a GP, you can get more help on my page How to Get a Job As a Doctor in Australia.
I have deliberately been non-specific about these criteria they are subject to change by the Australian Government. For that reason, the best source for up-to-date information is the Australian Government’s Department of Immigration & Border Control (DIBP) website, two very useful links are below.
Doctors and Nurses in Australia: Your questions answered
Click on the following links for further information…
The registration of Internationally Qualified Nurses and Midwives is handled by the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia. They have a downloadable PDF which can help you with this process. You can get this document from their page called Registration and Endorsement, but there is also a good deal more helpful information on their website, so do have a good look around.
Please see my page about job sponsorships.
More useful links:
The following posts from my blog may be of interest.
- How Does the Health Care System in Australia Work?
- Archaic Health Services in Australia? Another Visit to the Doctor
- Australia’s Bulk Billing Explained and $7 GP Fee Co-payments
- Going to the Dentist in Australia
- What It’s Really Like to Be Bitten by a Redback Spider
- The Australian Health Service: Getting an X-Ray
- Calling the Doctor’s Surgery When It’s Closed
- The Universal Law of Doctors