It’s the last Friday before Christmas and certainly the festive season is about to begin. For some people, but not all, today was their last day at work and they won’t be going back until January 6.
This year, unusually, I’ve decided to join them and there is a very good reason for that. Me, Mrs Bob and Elizabeth have booked a week’s holiday (beginning Saturday after Christmas) in a seaside town called Yamba about 3 hours drive south of Brisbane.
We will be joined by two other families with their kids and we are all staying in a four-bedroom house by the river. We intend to:
- Chill out
- Swim in the pool
- Fish in the river
- Wander into town
- Relax on the beach
- Sip wines
- Skull tinnies and stubbies
- Chat a bit
It’s what Christmas is all about, isn’t it?
Well, yes, it’s what Christmas is all about here in Australia, although I don’t remember going to the beach much or swimming at Christmas time in the UK.
I’ve written about Christmases in Australia quite a bit since I’ve been here and if you want to know everything about Christmas down under, I’ve got a gift for you. Let’s call it…
The Bobinoz Christmas Box Gift Set
Yesterday I talked about Christmas Shopping: Prices in Australia and the UK Compared and last week I looked at Christmas Adverts on TV: Australia and UK Compared.
The second ever post written on this website, which was on January 2, 2009 was…
Here’s everything else you need to know about Christmas in Australia:
- All About Christmas in Australia
- Christmas is Coming: Custard on Your Fish?
- What It’s Really Like in Australia at Christmas Time
- Australia versus the UK: Christmas Shopping Compared
- A White Christmas in Australia?
- Christmas Trees in Australia
- England Versus Australia at Christmas Traditions
- Amazing Outdoor Christmas Lights in Australia
- The Myer 2011 Christmas Parade in Brisbane
- It Is The Night Before Christmas…
- It’s Going To Be Another Long Hot Christmas….
- My Christmas Article for Australia & New Zealand Magazine
- Christmas Eve Already?
In December 2009 I also wrote…
If you visit that page, you’ll find a rather strange video of the Australian version of “Jingle Bells”. I have also printed lyrics and that page gets a lot of traffic this time of year because everyone wants to sing along to this one.
Here’s your chance to do that now, this time though I have the original version of the song by Bucko and Champs. The accompanying video is provided by, well, let’s just say some fun loving dudes from Sydney.
Got your lyric sheet ready? Let’s go…
Merry Christmas everybody and thank you for being a reader in 2013. I’ll be back early in 2014, I hope you return to join me.